Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 04-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Default Re: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THE SITE?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Xplantdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Frank...while I DO appreciate your enthusiasm...and I consider you my friend as well...why wouldn't you have sent a PM instead of saying all of this stuff directed at certain individuals on the open forums?

It really needs to be kept private.

I also consider Dan Vasic a friend...as well as Ken Tibor...as well as Rob, Tom, the SCW gang and a host of others as well. Does that make me a jerk, because they are my friends? Does everyone have to fit into cliques...and only &quot;hang&quot; with those people? I have met SO many cool people BECAUSE we are all cars guys and &quot;hang&quot; on this site...and that's the cool stuff.

To me, the cars are secondary. If to be a member here requires you to have a Supercar, then I guess I am out...as I will never be able to afford one...and I am okay with that.

As far as the site upgrade, The way I look at it, a lot of people don't like the new look (yet...as it's a work in progress) me included (People don't like change...LOL). It will be interesting to see it evolve though...and will be a learning experience all over again, I am sure.

We are all adults here...and this is still the SYC. Let's just wait and see, please? </div></div>

Um, let's see Bruce. I directed these comments on a public forum as opposed to a PM because this is occurring on a public forum and NOT a pm. Come on Bruce, as the sites biggest cheerleader, I would imagine you would see it my way. Hell, you are one of the biggest success stories of positively evolving as a result of this site. I don't even have to start recapping all of the positive ways you have benefited in your hobby and personally because of this site. In turn you have also contributed A LOT to this site and as a result become a popular member. Now with that said, since you are always asking to be a moderator on the sYc why don't you show everyone how good you are at diplomacy. Tell this particular group of disgruntled members (since as you say, they are your friends) that they are being disruptive here. Tell them that they are setting a bad example to the dozens and dozens of new members that are reading all of this, and do not know all of the politics involved. Tell them they are turning this site into one of those sites like LS1 Tech or HAMB where it is a bunch of kids fighting. Tell them that no one is forcing them to be here and there are many other sites to pack up and move to. Tell them that in the past there was another bunch that did the same thing and are now on the outside looking in.

And Bruce, reading is a skill. No one called anyone a jerk because they were friends with someone. I said that they were acting like jerks because of all the points I made above.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Rob is in the midst of a total forum software upgrade that requires him to spend countless hours working out all the changes that come with upgrades. He didn't write the new software upgrade package, yet he has to do ALL the debugging without prior counsel with the folks that did write the new software. I know Rob takes the technical end of this forum very personally and I know that every time we go thru an upgrade, his patience gets stretch marks that could lead to a &quot;why bother&quot; attitude. This adjustment period will likely take a couple weeks of Rob's every spare moment to get things closer to a more user friendly format. The risk is that when suggestions/opinions about the upgrade become closer to chronic complaints...the closer his hand gets to the &quot;pull the plug&quot; solution to his woes as the technical chief. Getting used to the new upgrade is a process that will cause all of us some grief, but I can't even imagine the grief it's causing at Rob's desk.

SS
Old 04-25-2010, 07:58 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Frank...you will have a PM soon. I suggest you read it....maybe a few times.

For the record, I have benefited from this site by making lots of friends. Whether I have given anything back may be debatable...BUT, it's not your concern to keep score about what I do or don't do...in fact I think it's an insult for you to insinuate anything about what has transpired since I joined the site by somehow justifying that because I have gotten &quot;this&quot;...that I have to give back &quot;that&quot;. The people that have helped me out in the past know how I feel about them. But, it's NONE of your business.

I am an adult, you are an adult. Let's keep it that way. I have always tried to keep an even keel when posting on this site.

Can you say the same? It's the way I live my life.

BTW, you are not a moderator, so if the moderators have anything to say, let THEM do it. Otherwise, volunteer your time as a moderator and help to make the site better...not start bashing people because they don't agree with you. That brings this site down as well. And the new members whom you are concerned about are probably thinking the same things about the recent stuff you have posted as well.

As an aside, I am not &quot;Always asking to be a moderator here&quot;....far from it. I PMe'd Rob a while back and told him if he ever needed anyone, I would help out. I again (in a post this time) said that I'd offer to help out if needed. That's 2 times, buddy...not ALL the time

Frank, generalizations get you nowhere...except to escalate a situation when it's not necessary. Please refrain from doing so in the future...at least in reference to me.

Finally, thanks for the insult about my reading skills.

I had a great time talking to you and your dad at the reunions. Your dad is a great guy. Say hi to him for me, please.

I am done here....
Old 04-25-2010, 08:28 PM

I would hope everyone is clear on what is happening with the site on the technical side. An upgrade. By someone who I've never met but know he has a family and a full time job. So let's cut some slack.

As far as the other stuff that's happening, far be it from me to be a peacemaker, say the right thing, or ever be suggested for moderation. I have, however, been fortunate to be in the company of smart people from time to time and remember things they say that have helped me stay married for a period of time, raise my family, and not loose clients (that are REALLY STUPID)!!

here's one of my favorites.....
before I speak, ask myself ;

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Does this need to be said ?
Does this need to be said by me?
Does this need to be said by me, here and now?</span> </span></span>

Good Luck!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2010, 08:32 PM

Hey Bruce, I don't appreciate the personal attacks. No one did it to you, so don't do it to me. I expressed my opinion about a situation and a collective group of people, not anybody personally.

I brought up what people have gained from this site so everybody can keep it in perspective. Like I wrote in my pm to you, as far as gains, I was referring to knowledge, friends, help with you car, basically the same things I and many others have gained from this site, so don't go and accuse me of insulting your family. That is about as low of a blow I have ever received on this site. Like I told you, I don't even know your family.

For a group of guys that claim to &quot;get it&quot; you aren't getting it.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:35 PM

I need to make a correction. I should have said, bring your family into this, not &quot;insult your family.&quot;

Hey Rob, you ain't working quick enough. Will ya fix the edit button already?! What the hell am I paying you people for!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

New cool feature in pms! As you pm a bud on a particular topic, you start a thread so you can easily go back to see what was said in earlier postings just like on the main forum. Definitely a PLUS. Thanks! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Frankie........Since you referenced me as a disruptive and disgruntled trouble making member here.....Feel free to go thru the archives and bring foward any post made by &quot;ME&quot; to show that I have been mean spirited toward anyone on this site.......Maybe when you get older and wiser.....you will get it.......Remember....you are the one that brought me into this discussion..........

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-25-2010, 08:56 PM

You know what, eff it. You guys can do what ever you want. You all &quot;get it.&quot; Maybe when I try to log in one day the whole joint will be gone. The Clary's will have pulled the plug.

I have nothing more to add here and won't respond to any more posts in this thread. Take care.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mockingbird812</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New cool feature in pms! As you pm a bud on a particular topic, you start a thread so you can easily go back to see what was said in earlier postings just like on the main forum. Definitely a PLUS. Thanks! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] </div></div>

some good stuff - signatures got expanded big time as well - the more I dig the more good stuff I find [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]