Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 05-21-2004, 02:15 AM

Default Re: RS Yenko???

Interesting car, but don't think he was ever misleading. I'm guessing anyone who has the sort of dollars he is chasing, would read the ad as it was written.

Can't fathom his reserve but that engine is not cheap. As original ZL-1s have started to pull silly prices the Yenko blocks have followed. That plus what he has put in it makes it a expensive motor.

Still can't see how a Yenko engine, plus 4sp BB 69 Camaro makes $100k +++. But then again i can't see how GTOs and Z-28s have leapt out from the rarer muscle cars the way they have.

Old 05-21-2004, 02:42 AM

A real good test for the market?
Yellow cars huh B-J Z 28 $110. K

I like the look of this cool yellow car.
Mike
Old 05-21-2004, 06:00 PM

Here is a legitimate test of the market ZL-1 Clone
The car listed was described clearly and accurately so all knew without a doubt it was a CLONE. The car is a very nice car, what kind of values do you guys place on it? What is one of the Yenko marine engines worth?
Old 05-22-2004, 04:20 AM

Final words emailed to me from the seller, thought you'd all like to know. Watch for this car in the future.....
[ QUOTE ]
I am not questioning the value of any clone or what any car has ever brought on Ebay , i didnt expect to really sell this car in this venue.A lot of people seem to think a car is only worth what it will bring on Ebay , thats
about as far from the real world in about 90% of the cases.The last muscle car i ran was a Stage 1 convertible as documented as any car on the planet, it stopped at 29500. I sold it later for twice that. I put the camaro on
just to get some exposure , if it sold so be it . I never expected to get so many people who claim to know so much and actually know so little and have nothing better to do than meddle in someone elses business. When i said i spent a lot of time researching this it was on the motor itself , not the car. It is not a marine block like everyone on the registry is saying. I found the documentation to that effect about a year ago. There were big differences between the two. One person did retract his bids because of what
he read in the registry not that he thought it was a origional Yenko car, he called me over 5 or 6 days ago and went over the car in complete detail. Its to bad you guys didnt go to Barret Jackson and appraise every car or
give advice before the cars all ran. You said earlier you were not the authorities am i am not either but what these people have done is totally wrong. Its not a big deal to me weather that person had bought the car or not because i had planed to take it to an auction that shall remain nameless
or care if it ever sells . But having a bunch of people hanging there head over fence stirring sh** up because they have nothing better to do is is bull sh**!

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as it goes in the famous Budweiser commercials.....
Here's to you mister, make a pretend car and try to pass it off as something important, so you can rip people off man".
Old 05-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

I read his auction description and I didn't find anything misleading. In fact he seem pretty clear that it was not a Yenko or ZL1, just that it had a Yenko block ZL1 engine. I doubt if this site had anything to do with the no sale but I'm not sure why some are giving him a hard time. We can disagree on what we think it's value is but I'm having a hard time seeing what he did wrong. I do like the tic tac toe option.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:03 AM

I have lurked about this bulletin board for quite some time now and have learned quite allot about my cars from it, but this is my first post, and I thought I should respond. I am one of the bidders on this car. It was VERY clear to me that it is not a real Yenko, NOR was it represented as a real Yenko. I read the ad carefully and other than some typos, it was straight forward. Because of all the negative posts, I contacted someone much smarter than me to check it out. I then went to see the car in person. It turns out that I have bought from this person before and he is a very stand up guy. In Dallas, he is a very respected high end NEW car dealer. I purchased a 427 Side Oiler 1967 Mustang Super Snake from him that was as nice as this Camaro. It was not a real Super Snake car just as this is not a real Yenko car. It was a GT390 car with a real 427 Side Oiler engine. Now, I have seen the RS/SS Camaro, and have seen others like it, and this is by far the nicest I have seen. I personally don't care if its a Marine, Can Am or Yenko Volkswagon engine, I have seen the paperwork and and know exactly what it is, and if I pay big bucks for the car it won't be because some cackling hens that are pissed off because its nicer than theirs, talked me out of it.
Old 05-23-2004, 12:43 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Maverick. Welcome and please fill out your Profile. The opinion from someone that has seen the car and knows the seller is very welcome.
Old 05-23-2004, 03:17 AM

What makes this car a Original 4sp BB car.I clicked on the link for the pictures and I find the two at the bottom of interest. The bottom right picture shows the car didn't come with a Muncie.And the bottom left picture shows red paint under the yellow just above and to the right of the windshield wiper fluid.This is the nicest of it's kind you have ever seen, Mav?
Pull the 20-25K motor and your telling me this car is worth 100 g's.
Old 05-23-2004, 07:16 AM

I am not sure you can tell if it came with a Muncie or not, but the linkage on the firewall seems to be correct. I have seen the red that you are speaking of and will look into it tomorrrow. I know the car was originally a Cortez Silver car, so anything is possible. I am planning to make the trip to Dallas and promise to all of the "Camaro experts" that if there is a spot of red paint from a previous core support bracket or if the fender truly was red at one point, and was overlooked, it won't matter. I want the car and can pay for it. Call me what you want, but I am not in the habit of losing money.I guess my disgust is centered on why people have taken it upon themselves to chastise a car because of a price of a car. It is what it is represented to be. Thats all. Has anyone seen the "Eleanor" Mustangs that are being sold for 125K? I haven't seen a nice one yet. Most of them are not even real Shelbys.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:44 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if you know a lot more than I regarding cars and values.I for one hope you work things out with the owner of the car.