Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Sponsors > Nickey-Chicago

Old 03-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Kevin Hand Collector Car Collection at Auction

Well I got sucked into this thread and came away with the thought something odd must have gone on at that auction. I don't think the color was that 'different' to justify a big price delta over an orange or blue one. A gold yenko camaro or nova or chevelle are all cool in that color. period. Anything more that a 10% price difference to a 'blue' is about all I would ever beleive. I would take it over phantom green myself.

I would not ever take a car to russo and steel because where o where all the 'in the know' guys telling the auction house, this thing should sell higher? did they not know this thing should go higher and spend more time working it (shouldn't the consigner be tugging on the houses arm to work this more? this price for a yenko is too low? I would be screaming if it was my car, don't drop that gavel!) Either they are totally uniformed (I thus would not want them gaveling for my car, unless in a reserve auction) or something fishy happened OR the market for yenkos has tanked. Its one of those 3 things in my opinion.

I would only go to mecum after what I see happened here.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:56 PM

I understand your opinions and perspective. It's really difficult to discern exactly what happens at an auction when you are actually there and much more so when you are not. However, your conclusions are not fact. They are simply your opinions.

This thread started as a promotion for a member's cars which were going to be auctioned in Arizona at R&S at " No Reserve".

"No Reserve" will always be a major risk to a seller and the least level of risk to an auction. I assumed that risk for some of my own cars at that auction, while I chose to go with a reserve on some of the others. The auction did work with me on my reserve cars and we got them sold across the block. ( special deal ticket signed on the block )

There are numerous reasons why some consignors may or may not decide to go no reserve. The option with R&S, as well as others is always up to the consignor.

So, if and when someone may be looking to turn a substantial collection or even a single car into cash, quickly, selling at No reserve is one very risky option.

Nickey Chicago, Inc. and Russo and Steele have been unjustly accused of maliciously manipulating the auction, by Kevin and his mouth piece. This is simply not true and the opposite of what actually did happen.

Now, if KH had simply stated that he was not happy with the out come or the level of service which was provide, and that in the future would take his business elsewhere, that would have been very different.

I have answered all the questions put forth, to the best of my ability, in order to clear my good name.

While this is a hobby to many it is my business and the way I provide for my family.

Kevin,IMO this would be a good time to put egos aside and for you to make a public apology.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:00 AM

Anyone who has met, has dealings with, or done business with Stefano knows that his character and business practices are above reproach......
So.....A person who contractually signs his car to sell at No Reserve at Auction has no one to blame but themselves.......Pretty easy to throw stones and dump beer, not so easy to accept "Responsibility"...........Nuff Said!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 03-28-2011, 02:43 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Anyone who has met, has dealings with, or done business with Stefano knows that his character and business practices are above reproach......
So.....A person who contractually signs his car to sell at No Reserve at Auction has no one to blame but themselves.......Pretty easy to throw stones and dump beer, not so easy to accept &quot;Responsibility&quot;...........Nuff Said!! </div></div>

I totally agree with Ken....anyone who knows Steve Bimby knows that he a man of integrity and a man of his word. I feel very fortunate to know Steve personally and I wouldn't hesitate for one minute to buy a car from him or have him sell a car for me. Our hobby and the classic car market in general would suffer a great loss if Steve ever decided to leave this industry and pursue other ventures.

1970Camaro Z28
Old 03-28-2011, 03:02 AM

Thanked 1,116 Times in 328 Posts

I don't personally know any of the parties involved, but I can see how this thread has the potential to soil some reputations. For those of us who weren't part to the conflict, it's realy not fair to draw any conclusions. It takes so long to establish a good name - let's move on.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:48 AM

Yep..it's startin' to go way beyond possible smoke and mirrors deals at auctions in General ..........
Bottom line is you've gotta have a pair of steel cahonies to put up your car at no reserve and hope everyone is on the same page......
Maybe you guys should duke this out behind close doors...