Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Show our Troops our Support

RED FRIDAYS ----- Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing Red every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the "silent majority". We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or over-bearing.

Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that.. Every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something red.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of red much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, co-workers, friends, and family. It will not be long before the USA is covered in RED and it will let our troops know the once "silent" majority is on their side more than ever, certainly mo re than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked "What can we do to make things better for you?" is...We need your support and your prayers. Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example; and wear some thing red every Friday.

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE, ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE.

COME ON CAR GUYS WE CAN DO THIS

<font color="red">

</font>
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-12-2005, 02:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Show our Troops our Support

I still think what this country needs is another military draft, only this time NO LOOPHOLES for college kids, rich kids, sons (and daughters) of politicians or anyone else. That'd sure get this country's attention. Hey, Middle East oil is forecast to last roughly another 50 years so America's military is going to have sand in its boots for five more decades at least. A no-loopholes draft means that everyone goes and thus everyone has a stake in America's security, economic or otherwise.

Yeah, I know, it'll NEVER happen. No law with any weight passes wihtout massive loopholes for the priviledged to dive through.

As for the "silent majority," anyone who <u>actually states</u> that they "do not support the troops" should be stoned to death right on the spot. Yes, there are people don't support the WAR but I'd guess most Americans with any brains at all support the young people who are doing our fighting and dying for us. I think of them every time I fill my tank.

Let's send the sons and daughters of priviledge over to the Middle East to join the NASCAR kids and make the war something everyone supports. Talk about uniting people--we'd win the G-damn thing in six months.

Bill Eaton
USAF pilot 1988-97
38 combat missions Desert Storm 1991, KC-135R, plus hundreds of additional peace-time support missions in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, 1990-94. (Just so you know where I'm comin' from.)

for each American casualty and for each soldier with sand in his/her boots tonight.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:25 AM

Oh, and let's tell our politicians to stop cutting the Veteran's Administration budget. They've been whittling away at VA benefits the whole time the war has been going on. Talk about not supporting the troops.

Someone please feel free to Google or Lexus-Nexus the VA cuts and tell me if I'm off-base.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:58 AM

Just got back from a Christmas party at the 228th in Bethlehem, Pa. My wife and I help out there. We had Santa and his helper come and he gave out some nice gifts to about 50 kids. Real nice time with some good food. There are some little babies that have not seen there Dads yet. Its a tough time of year for our military and there families. Support is VERY important at a time like this. So lets do whatever we have to do. Today was a good time and it did our hearts good to be part of one big military family. Thanks for all your support and especially prayers for our son and the US Military. Its truly in the Lords hands. Sam
Old 12-12-2005, 05:04 AM

Thanked 1,613 Times in 496 Posts

A safe and happy holiday to all who serve in our military.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro