Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 04-20-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Re: 1969 Copo Chevelle

"Chevy 454" is correct and the car came with Ralley wheels of which I have two of the originals. It was a bench seat car as well with fawn/gold interior. It is not listed on the SYC list of Yenko cars but falls within 30 cars on the production line of two other 69 Yenko cars.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:31 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jay Sullivan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I Would put a want ad on Craigslist and try posting something on this chevelle site, it's a great site. http://chevelleforum.org/index.php

And this chevelle forum too
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/ </div></div>

An add on craigslist has been running for several weeks now with a couple leads that have not progressed. I am also a member of chevelles.com and placed the same information on this site also in the copo section. I have not tried the chevelle forum site and will register this morning. Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 04:07 PM

I somehow missed your other post, but...

I don't gamble, but I'd almost bet my paycheck this car was a COPO sold in Canada (those 2 late Yenkos are an anomoly), and was shipped either July 30 or July 31 (07E car)...a quick email to George might be worthwhile. And I'm betting I could get pretty darn close to nailing most of your trim tag...
Old 04-21-2012, 02:03 AM

Ya, I'd take that bet too. Vin falls right beween one sold at Central Chev, and one at Beare Motors.
Peter
Old 04-21-2012, 04:01 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 5,976 Times in 2,915 Posts

Didn't the poster mention he had the original selling docs for the car? Not sure what additional value the CAN docs would be. Cool story though!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:17 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scuncio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Didn't the poster mention he had the original selling docs for the car? Not sure what additional value the CAN docs would be. Cool story though! </div></div>

I don't have the original selling docs, only picture of car in late 70's from 2nd owner. Otherwise, no other documentation other than block and any documentation George Z. may be able to provide if it was one of the 17 cars sent to Canada.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:19 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chevy454</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I somehow missed your other post, but...

I don't gamble, but I'd almost bet my paycheck this car was a COPO sold in Canada (those 2 late Yenkos are an anomoly), and was shipped either July 30 or July 31 (07E car)...a quick email to George might be worthwhile. And I'm betting I could get pretty darn close to nailing most of your trim tag... </div></div>

I did email George tonight to see if by chance it was one of the 17 cars sent to Canada. It would be great if it was so the car has some sort of documentation since the build sheets and original purchase docs are probably long gone.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chevy454</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I somehow missed your other post, but...

I don't gamble, but I'd almost bet my paycheck this car was a COPO sold in Canada (those 2 late Yenkos are an anomoly), and was shipped either July 30 or July 31 (07E car)...a quick email to George might be worthwhile. And I'm betting I could get pretty darn close to nailing most of your trim tag... </div></div>

Looks like you hit the nail on the head regarding the build date based on what a couple others have said as well....&quot;VIN B412654 is a 07E build week body, very late in the build year considering the last reported VIN is B414385 for the Baltimore Assembly plant&quot;.

...and yes please take a shot at the trim tag and we'll see how close you are if in fact George has documentation.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:39 AM

Our Beare Motors car was an 07E build, 13 after the one mentioned above. I've seen only one later COPO VIN.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:41 AM

Received a text message from a guy and he is 99.99% sure he has the car. It was the last car he and his father restored in 2007 before his dad passed and there is no way he is ever selling the car. The car is restored as a restomod with candy red paint tan suede interior and a 396. It is at a second home out of state and he is traveling there next month for the summer and will verify the vin and let me know. Since there is know way he would ever consider selling the car I told him the history of the car and what it is...obviously he had no clue. I told him the history behind our family owning the car and tracking it over the last several months. He asked me how I new so much about the car and I told him we have the original motor my dad pulled out of the car in my garage. There was a long silent pause and he asked me how much I wanted for the motor. I told him the motor and a few other parts was the last sentimental connection to the car I have and those items are not for sale. So now if he truly has the car what the heck do I do? That motor and car need to be together.

I hope he is wrong and it's not the right car. At least then I can keep searching for the needle in the haystack with the hope of finding it. So for now I keep searching and wait impatiently for the call next month.

Tomorrow I hope to hear from George Z. and verify if the car was from Canada. With documentation and complete motor fully restored from air cleaner to pan and fan to transmission it should be an interesting story........