Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 08-31-2019, 05:47 PM

Default Invitation to Super Chevy Show, Joliet IL, September 14 & 15

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I apologize if this post doesn't belong here in General Discussion, but I felt this was a bit of request of looking for help from you yenko.net people.

You are invited to attend the Super Chevy Show September 14 & 15 at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, IL (www.route66raceway.com). Hours are from 9 am to 6 pm both days. I will be there the entire day Saturday, and then Sunday afternoon, to cover the show for an online article for Super Chevy Show magazine. Of course, I will also be on the hunt for feature cars for Super Chevy and other magazines that allow me to write for them.

The Super Chevy show at Joliet was "restarted" last year as a one day event. The response to the show last year was tremendous (over 300 cars). The Chevys on hand were beautiful! Attendees were thrilled that the Super Chevy Show had returned to Chicagoland. Though there were some hiccups in the last year's start up, Route 66 Raceway management has determined to work hard to make the show much bigger and better this year.

The car show will include both judged and non-judged cars. There is a full slate of classes of Chevrolet vehicles and and Chevrolet-powered vehicles. Classes have been structured to include just about every Chevrolet ever made. There will be an Awards Ceremony both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's Award Ceremony will include 5 Super Chevy Editor's Picks (I will be giving those out) and General Outstanding Awards, whereas Sunday's Award Ceremony will be awards for various classes of Chevrolet and Chevrolet-powered vehicles. A full slate of classes and details for the entire show is listed on the website (www.route66raceway.com).

Big news, there will be drag racing both days of the event! Drag racing will be a test and tune, as well as a Pro, Super Pro, and Sportsman Bracket race with payouts at the beautiful Route 66 Raceway. There will be a Car Corral, a Swap Meet, and (you guessed it) a Burnout Contest at the show! I grew up reading Super Chevy and connecting with the excitement of Doug Marion and other editors as they spoke of Super Chevy Shows at various locations. Our goal is to bring that Super Chevy Show magic back to Route 66 Raceway.

Again, please check the website for more information (www.route66raceway.com). Thanks for your consideration of attending the event and allowing me to post this invitation.

Arvid Svendsen
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Svendsen For This Useful Post:
Hawkeye (09-06-2019), Xplantdad (08-31-2019)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...