Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 06-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default You think your repairs cost a lot

I went to visit my car this week, where it's been resting since last year's SCR. It should be done before the month is up, but it got pushed back a little by this job...

Berlinetta Boxer, one of 800, &quot;grey market&quot; car. The flat 12 is naturally aspirated, and if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it. I'm just grateful that the guy who is fixing this is also the guy doing my car. Thank God he likes Chevy, he puts the same attention to detail into my car. Just more slowly. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-05-2016, 02:32 PM

Thanked 5,358 Times in 1,881 Posts
Default Re: You think your repairs cost a lot

I know that you were talking about that when we talked on the phone! Cools stuff for sure... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2016, 02:51 PM

A car like that is like a lady of commerce, fine once in a while but you don’t want to live with it every day. With the money wrapped up in it, you sure could fill a garage with nice American iron … this ought to rile up the foreigner car followers … TAZ
Old 06-06-2016, 07:24 PM

btw.. if it was me I would have Jet Hott coat the exhaust manifolds. The VHT will be rusty in a year..... I did it on my 1974 Jeep Cj5 w a 304 V8 25 years ago and the manifolds still look pretty darn good!!!!!

beautiful car!!!

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 06-07-2016, 10:19 PM

There is a certain irony that Fiat may end up owning Ferrari, as well as Chrysler. Both brands are famous for great engineering, but both brands are not the most durable cars for the money. Since I lost my membership in the &quot;more money than brains&quot; club, I won't be investing in either brand. That said, there seems to be no end to the money pipeline for restoration of these cars, if you know what I mean. (And I think you do). Different strokes...

COPO 9561/9737 M40 X11D80
13.37 @ 105.50 on pump gas,drove it to NATL TRAILS and back [email protected] SCR22