Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 02-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,129 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: Motion Nova ???????

Thanks for the update Mike - sounds like you're just informing the community that you have purchased the car. All of the other info about the car is apparently unchanged with no further clarity?
Old 02-08-2014, 12:28 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

"I was given the contact information of the best friend of the original owner, who remembered the car and the owner, but seemed to be distant and later it was confirmed that the original owner may have had a sketchy past since, how does an 18 year old buy and new car and send it straight to a shop and spend several thousand dollars more on the car..."

The above quote sounds like the story was it was bought at a dealer and then taken to Motion for conversion. Not being a new converted car sold at Baldwin will hurt it's value. With the NCRS coming out with the dealer records soon you will be able to find out where it was sold new.

" and Dan is surely in a bad place right now..."
I hope Dan is OK or will be OK.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:16 AM

At best the car was a conversion, it was sold new at Wallace Chevrolet and as rumor has it. take directly to motion for a conversion, and it is or was or maybe the one that was discussed in the published book discussing the first car 1968 Nova done by Motion.

As for Da, he is struggling, his home is in foreclosure, he has a final evection order posted and has been order to vacate, he has health issues pertaining to diabetes that has been acting up.

He is currently staying in a house with no heat, can't really get out for food and has no money to support himself.. he has a strong will and a real love for these cars but sometimes he doesn't come across the best to everyone and his love cross's the line sometimes to stocking people....

I have tried very hard to help him as best as I can but he has to take the needed steps to make things better, I truly think he thought this car was his savior and he held it way to high in that esteem.. its great to love the cars but other things
in life are way more important, for a long time now he has wished that he would leave this life, I think he struggles from other issues that no one really knows of and I think once he lost his connection to his business and the car guy community he has given up on things...

Mike
Old 02-08-2014, 09:39 AM

Thanked 1,129 Times in 331 Posts

Very sad about Dan - let's put him on the prayer list guys.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:13 PM

Will do (Dan on the prayer list) and thanks for the updates and helping a fellow car guy out Mike. Even in disagreement, we all have that in common.

I've got a Camaro in much the same state as this Nova, only after being paid Joel gave a "maybe" on the car and then refused to give any paperwork at all. I repeatedly requested something in writing, even a no. I wonder if Dan's issues and a "maybe" had anything to do with that no paperwork policy from Joel on a maybe Car?

It sure would be great if the NCRS records were available for this car and showed the dealer. Someone probably has pulled a NICB at some point, which would at least (somewhat) confirm the dealer?

Rich
Old 02-08-2014, 02:54 PM

My understanding is that Kevin S ran a report that confirmed the car came from Wallace Chevrolet, the original owners best friend also confirmed the car came from there but couldn't remember if it was a dealer to Baldwin Chevrolet or if the owner bought it as Wallace and then sent it to Motion performance. My understanding from a close friend who is involved with NCRS is the only thing they will be releasing is shipper which will only tell you the original dealer slated to have the car and not the were it ended up information.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:38 PM

Thanks so much for selling me this 1968 Nova I will take my time research it since I have the time the deposit went through to you in pay pal we will be talking glad to help you and talk with you about this car and others.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:16 PM

I'm lost? Did the car sell in this thread, again? From Dan to MikeC to leach now?
Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM

Yes. It sold again. Like I said before, there is a lot of history to this car that will show it was a motion car!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:29 PM

Never came up on eBay.........?