Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 69 SS ZL-1 Nova

[quote=PeteLeathersac]Cool car aside from the bs and acid trip ad!.[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/crazy.gif[/img]
How's the extra tag pic or Dick Harrell badge fit in?.[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

Pete; Maybe the badge fits here???

Old 03-31-2011, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Another COPO Nova

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: njsteve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I sent the guy a nice email suggesting he might want to remove that claim and he responded with an obnoxious critique of my spelling skills.
</div></div>

Interesting, considering a line in his copy:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What we can safely say, this is a spectacular car that was restored with no expense spared by <span style="color: #FF6666">it's</span> [sic] owner in Jupiter, Florida</div></div>
Old 04-05-2011, 02:20 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

4 days to go.........Buy It Now Price $59,888.......so far the highest bid is 53,000........Man....Is someone gonna miss out on this __________________________Car (Fill in the Blanks)
for a measly $6,000.......The buy of the Century.......Or.....Do you &quot;THINK&quot; there's some shill bidding going on????.......Nah!!

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 04-06-2011, 05:30 AM

Hello guys

I'm not here to say that this car really exist! But what I have to say is I bought a magazine today called Nova Annual, from the editors of super chevy. I have never seen this magazine before, and found it in the Edmonton international airport today. I had to have it. It had an article on the 20,000 mile survivor L-78 nova of Bob Heckman's. There was a thread a few yrs ago here on the yenko site about his car.

In another article they say they raided GM Archives for some classic nova images. On page 12, there is a picture of what appears to be a1968 or 1969 nova. No SS badging on the back of the car. All black with 2 gold strips, gold line tires, and chevy 2 with something else I can't read on the back quarter panel. On the back trunk it says ZL-1. The writers comments below the picture are as follows: At first, this photo might not look like anything special beyond a paint-stripe test, until you notice the decal on the deck lid that says &quot;ZL-1&quot;. We've contacted GM to try and find out more about the story behind that decal, and as soon as we know, you'll know through the pages of super chevy.

I'm sure this will get the hair on the back of kwhizz neck standing on end. Thats not what this post is about. I just wanted everyone to find a copy of this magazine, and see what they think. Is it real?? Who knows! Probably just a test paint job! But thought it was an intresting picture none the less. I'm not good enough to post a picture of it, so if somebody wants to do it, I can email them a picture tomorrow some time. Just let me know.

So go find a copy, and tell us what you think.

Have a wonderful evening all.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:14 AM

Chevy II Much ?