Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-20-2009, 02:05 AM

Default Re: 69 Camaro rs/ss 396 4 sp

[ QUOTE ]
How do you determine its a fake tag? X66 comes with a black painted rear body panel, and does not come with woodgrain dash, or chrome accents. As for the hounds tooth was factory as per the legit tag, the chrome accents were added during restoration because I liked it. But coming on here and calling my car a fake with out backing it up is wrong, the tag has not been changed and to claim it has because you dont understand a option code. Houndstooth could be ordered with out the woodgrain dash, same as deluxc interior could be had with out the woodgrain.
And upgraded interior did not automatically mean woodgrain dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, the trim tag is fake and I cannot state how I determined this. Here's an article I wrote which may shed some light: http://www.chevypunch.com/issues/november2007.pdf (cut and paste on your browser because link is not working). Read Yenko.net member Byan Shooks article on page 22 and my article on page 24.

Secondly, the rivets are not factory applied - they never did them that way.

Third, all upgraded interiors came with the woodgrain dash and if your car did originally come with deluxe or houndstooth interior, there would be visible holes in your dash which there are not.

Who restored this car?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
How do you determine its a fake tag? X66 comes with a black painted rear body panel, and does not come with woodgrain dash, or chrome accents. As for the hounds tooth was factory as per the legit tag, the chrome accents were added during restoration because I liked it. But coming on here and calling my car a fake with out backing it up is wrong, the tag has not been changed and to claim it has because you dont understand a option code. Houndstooth could be ordered with out the woodgrain dash, same as deluxc interior could be had with out the woodgrain.
And upgraded interior did not automatically mean woodgrain dash.

[/ QUOTE ]

wiiildcat,

The comments regarding the tag and interior are correct. I would suggest that you research your facts before you dig a deep hole.

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 AM

So by your logic my 69 garnet red rs X33 z-28 with black standard interior and factory rosewood dash is wrong? But according to my friend who bought the car new by the way, that he must be mistaken. I understand you not wanting to tell how you know the tag is fake, but you could call me at 703-791-2886 and discuss your qualification to make that call because Im really concerned about my car now.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So by your logic my 69 garnet red rs X33 z-28 with black standard interior and factory rosewood dash is wrong? But according to my friend who bought the car new by the way, that he must be mistaken. I understand you not wanting to tell how you know the tag is fake, but you could call me at 703-791-2886 and discuss your qualification to make that call because Im really concerned about my car now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you PM Steve (Paceme). He is a top tier 1st generation Camaro judge. Yes, your Z/28 never came with the woodgrain dash from the factory if it came with a standard interior from the factory.

You might also want to spend sometime on Camaros.org. We use the information on this website as our bible for 1st gen Camaro information.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:33 AM

I tried that link hylton but it doesnt send me to the article. I really would like to read it. I dont want to give up the battle but if im wrong then im wrong and I will delete the sale ad and take my lose on a car. I just want to know all the facts before I wrap it around a pole.

703-403-6079 better number
Old 01-20-2009, 02:35 AM

Don't click on the link. Copy this link and paste it into the address field of your browser (highlight, then right mouse click and copy - then go to your address field of Internet Explorer, and paste):

http://www.chevypunch.com/issues/november2007.pdf
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Lee
Take a deep breath...nobody here wants to rip up your car.
But try and understand there is untold Camaro knowledge here.
Do a little searching around at Team camaro and the CRG too.
The tag is a repop tag. Sorry you have to learn about it here.
Mike
Old 01-20-2009, 02:40 AM

As Mike said, take a deep breath because we are here to help you. Don't do anything silly as there are a few legal avenues you can explore should you feel you were a victim of fraud or misrepresentation.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Wiiildcat...you have mail.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:16 AM

OK first Thank you Steve for calling my expert lol. Im sorry for the emotions but it was hard to hear. The tag is a fake, I had no ideal thats why I argued so hard, boy talk about the wrong place to do that lol. It is nice to know my Z is right or at least it can be. As for this car, it has over 80k including the car in nut and bolt resto. It has big block heater core, disk brakes and 12 bolt multi leaf springs. I want to sell so make offer based on the trim tag not being real. Again sorry Hylton for calling you out when you were clearly right on this car, but the Z is correct just so you know, steve said he has seen it and its very rare but they did do it. Also got that link working and reading it as I type, thanks for not banning me and letting me know cause I really dont want to rip nobody off.