Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-27-2010, 12:47 PM

Default a 69 chevelle 395/350 4sp found me

Dont know if this is right place to ask so if not mods pls delete this. My lawyer has a 69 chevelle, 396 350 horse 4sp car. he bought it in 89 from an estate. Its green on green, console, full gauges. Original paint all numbers matching and rust free, partial build sheet. Here's my questions, it has air shocks, I swear they look original but did they do such a thing? He wants to get rid of it and wants me to make a offer. The car has been in a shed, no heat since he bought it. He starts it 3 times a year he says but it hasn't moved in 21 yrs so I'm sure it needs stuff. I cant afford to own it but sure wouldn't mind flipping it so where should I be looking to offer him. Don't want to rip him off but don't want to be stuck with it either. Should have pics this week end any help would be great.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 11-27-2010, 04:32 PM

Default Re: a 69 chevelle 395/350 4sp found me

IMHO if you want to flip it, you should find someone that knows what it is and what it is worth unless you want to pay the board consulting fees ...

or post your "finders fee" up front and let someone here buy it that will keep it and not flip it

again, IMHO

air shocks were avail as a dealer installed accessory and they were OEM on the El Caminos

ask him what he feels is fair for the price and go from there

Old 11-27-2010, 04:49 PM

Pics Please!

Dan
70 Buick Skylark Post Sedan Burnished Saddle

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PM3DE8qI2NY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4xEmGypUw
Old 11-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,155 Times in 669 Posts

Do some searching in the for sale section. You will find a sharp, needs-nothing car very similar to this one. It took some time to sell, last asking price was $28,500.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:08 PM

Something is wrong with this picture. He's your lawyer, and you don't want to rip him off. What is this world coming to? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2010, 05:31 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Something is wrong with this picture. He's your lawyer, and you don't want to rip him off. What is this world coming to? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/laugh.gif[/img] </div></div>
lol that is messed up isn't it,he was hoping to get somewhere around 18k for it. He is supposed to let me pull it out of the shed tomorrow,so I can get pics then. I'm not worried about a finders fee if somebody wants the car for a keeper, I don't want to put out my money and then try to sell it for nothing. He wont deal with selling it because he doesn't want to be bothered with dealing it. So I guess what I'm trying to do is figure out what it's worth as far as a risk standpoint, or if somebody thought it might be something significant to save then they can have it,but committing to it with out looking at it in person is going to be hard for somebody. Like I said if this isn't cool to ask I will delete it or the mods can .
Old 11-27-2010, 08:12 PM

Why don't you act as his &quot;agent&quot; and sell the car for him and have him pay you a fee, he gets fees all the time, I am certain he would not object to paying a selling fee, that is what consignment lots and dealers do all the time ...

heck, put it on ebay (it won't cost you anything) and see where it goes

Old 11-27-2010, 09:33 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you act as his &quot;agent&quot; and sell the car for him and have him pay you a fee, he gets fees all the time, I am certain he would not object to paying a selling fee, that is what consignment lots and dealers do all the time ...

heck, put it on ebay (it won't cost you anything) and see where it goes </div></div> that's really a good ideal, I will see what he thinks of that tomorrow when I pull it out. On another note, since the car has been started but not moved, should I see if it drives or not chance hurting something?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,513 Times in 726 Posts

A car that's been stored in an unheated shed for 21 years without moving? Hard telling what may be froze up or rusted together on it by now. If he put the trans in neutral and let the clutch out all the times he was running the engine over the years, odds are the trans and clutch will be OK. If you can, jack the rear end up and let the clutch out in first gear a few times to see if everything is going to function in there. If you're going to try and drive it, take baby steps....a few feet at a time, testing brakes plenty of times before going onto public roads.

73 Camaro RS Z28, L82, M20, C60
Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 AM

I would confirm it runs and let the next owner worry about if it DRIVES ...

barn finds are great, and you don't want to take anything away from the new owner's pleasure ...

pictures of it while it the &quot;barn&quot; with dust, etc is the best way to market this IMHO