Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Barrett Jackson - Opinions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zman1969</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didnt go this year but watched alot, seems like Reggie J. (Mr October) sold alot of nice cars and was surprised they didnt bring so much </div></div>

I appreciate the man and his accomplishments, and the fact he is a car nut, but most of what I have seen at auction of his has been mediocre with only a few bright spots. Same with some of Hendrick's auction wares.

________
'69 Dusk Blue Z/28
'15 Red Hot Z/28
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,605 Posts

----Chuck,,,If you are talking about the $240,000 red LS6 it was a hardtop.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:41 PM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamarosRus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Red/ Black Convert Top was painted just last year at
shop in BC Canada.
Same Red/Blk LS-6 being written about at B/J
How was paint ???
Owner/Seller of LS-6 related to me in Email
how he felt shop gouged him on paint and small repairs.
I want(ed) to take my 70 Z28 there for paint
but shop owner quoted me very high price (even in CDN $$) </div></div>

Not the same LS6, Chuck! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2017, 11:40 AM
Banned

Thanked 1,490 Times in 610 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MosportGreen66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS427</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dan, which 69 Z28 was yours that sold for $80? Was it the LeMans Blue car?
</div></div>

Lot 1044.1 - hammer was $85k

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Media/Hom...-cars-to-watch/

https://barrett-jackson.proxibid.com...p?lid=33676089 </div></div>

If you would have added the &quot;standard equipment&quot; spoilers &amp; cowl hood it would have went over $100K.. lol Sorry I couldnt resist.. Seems like every Z you see at an auction is the typical cowl hood and spoiler car... Yours is an amazing looking ride. Someone got a hell of a deal.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:49 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the427king</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When a car goes through the auction and the price is lower than expected ,most people say its because the market is down and this is the new market price/world we live in. When a car goes for a very high dollar amount, its stated that barrett jackson is full of drunks and speculators and doesnt reflect the real world pricing . Cant have it both ways. </div></div>

Prices are to high. There are some exceptional cars that deserve more money. But as a whole things got out of control. I am sticking to that.
Old 01-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cook_dw</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you would have added the &quot;standard equipment&quot; spoilers &amp; cowl hood it would have went over $100K.. lol Sorry I couldnt resist.. Seems like every Z you see at an auction is the typical cowl hood and spoiler car... Yours is an amazing looking ride. Someone got a hell of a deal. </div></div>

I'd never do that. I'm an honest purist. Adding options is not for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watk69</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your car was spectacular and the one I told my buddies that made the most sense out of all the Z's there. Rare combo of 4.10 gears, wide ratio box, and original drivetrain. Were you ever able to verify if an M20 was ordered with the car originally? </div></div>

Thank you. M20 was not born with but it was date code right. Car was ordered with an M21 originally.