Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale > Parts/Memorabilia - Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 12:47 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts
Default Mopar TurboStart Group 24 Yellow Cap Repro Battery (new)

I bought this last year after three or four attempts at trying to get one from Jegs and Summit and having them arrive cracked and smashed and leaking.

So I eventually ordered two directly from TurboStart who happen to have had the last two in the universe. I had them triple boxed and they finally arrived in useable shape. This was an extra one for my 1970 Cuda340.

I don't think they are being made anymore since the pandemic disrupted supply even though Jegs and Summit still show them as "pending shipping next week" for the past year or so and some guys show them on ebay for crazy money with unknown availability.

So If you have an 1965 to 1974 A, B, or E Body Mopar with a Group 24 (non-hemi - they got the red cap Group 27 battery) this is for you. It is the gel type battery (not the liquid acid type) and does not vent out the top like a traditional battery.

Still at 12.6 volts after a year in the box.
Rated at 690 Cranking Amps
550 Cold Cranking Amps
100 minute reserve capacity.
Model S24MY

Here's the only glitch: I will not ship it. You have to pick it up here in central New Jersey. This is the last one I know of anywhere and it will be destroyed if UPS or Fedex gets their hands on it. There is no way to safely package this 42 lb brick and have it arrive unscathed.

So with that in mind all I am asking is exactly what I paid for it which was $368.

Cash at time of pickup is fine with me.

Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 06-07-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_2680.jpg IMG_2675.jpg IMG_2673.jpg IMG_2672.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-07-2022, 02:38 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

That is a very fair price for its rarity.
Closed Thread