Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Parts/Memorabilia - For Sale

Please note

Old 03-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Parts on ebay..rant

I think it would be nice if you guys that put ALL your stuff on ebay, then post a link to your ebay ad here, would put the parts HERE, with a price, for a couple of days. Then mabey WE could have a shot at them without all the ebay BS. That is all.

Flame suit on. Flame away.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-17-2012, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Parts on ebay..rant

Would save the seller the Ebay fees.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:25 AM

I have done that on a few occasions. The rosewood wheel I have on ebay now first appeared on this website for a few days. I recently sold a NOS 163 intake for $1500 that I had here first with an advertised price of $900.

I would much rather sell here but finding the time to post parts on two websites is twice as hard as finding the time to do it once. Unfortunately, the larger crowd resides at ebay.

I'll continue to post interesting things here that I think you all may have a desire for but the quickest, easiest way continues to be ebay. With that said, I despise what ebay has become.

One more thing about posting here is I continue to have trouble posting pictures with any consistency. Sometimes they load and sometimes they don't.

By the way, I'll continue to offer free shipping for any member here that wins an auction as long as it something reasonable to ship. And just to be clear, you must be a paid member.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:34 AM

Thank you for the response.
34 Ford Sedan..Hemi powered
Michigan/ Florida
Old 03-18-2012, 02:57 AM

Tony, I agree with you. There is so much info on this site. I would guess at a minimum, there are hundreds of lurkers who read the threads to help educate themselves on parts and value. All this free info helps them to make an ebay listing that maximizes the bid potential.

Now for the fellows who ask questions about specific parts and get a great response, I would expect them to give the site a shot at moving the parts rather that going directly to ebay with a link here. I've heard ther term "netiquette" used for common courtesy practices for on-line communities. I think the practice of listing here 1st after asking questions or making a post to generate a buzz falls into that category of proper netiquette. Not a rule requirment on the site, but a best practive to show appreciation of the resources that the Yenko.net is.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 AM

HI i agree the picture problem ????? this 2012
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 AM

I'd love to see more stuff advertised for sale here before it goes to the `bay--while I no longer use the `bay I still peruse it now &amp; then and I've seen plenty of things listed there by members here that I would've been interested in but I had no way to buy. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 03-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Tony, I don't believe most guys on here will step up and pay the ebay price, I have several NOS and hard to find Items I am going to sell in the next couple weeks but in most cases I don't know what the going price's are and on here you have to post a price. I don't like what ebay has become either and I would rather sell on here but ebay seem's to be the way to go for hard to find items..... I will try to prove my point today and list a rare hard to find item (org chrome shift knob)on here to see the response and see if it sell's, the last one that sold on ebay that I saw was $405.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:19 PM

Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,170 Posts

I agree 100%. If I think there is a chance of selling here first, I will try. I am not a big seller. Just trying to clean out some stuff. I can't believe there isn't a serious competitor for ebay.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:15 PM

Jeff, I disagree with your opinion of the site members. Plenty of them have been the high bidder on rare stuff they want.

Good luck with your sale.