Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 02-10-2022, 05:46 PM

Default Two spectacular time capsule midyear Corvettes at Gooding Amelia Island sale

Not my cars but wanted to post the links to these two fine time capsules. My guess is that they will both do very well.

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1963-c...T&pageNumber=4

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1966-c...T&pageNumber=4
60sStuff (02-11-2022), dykstra (02-11-2022), napa68 (02-10-2022)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 96A05662-682C-4427-A79D-7233CED2D958.jpg 954CB7A4-F888-4E08-9E2E-E9443E1D88B3.jpg 7D902EB6-2A9D-4A98-AFFE-EFEB0060991F.jpg 41EF67C9-DE0A-4F6E-8E63-21951B03AA58.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 02-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,843 Times in 749 Posts

I’ve heard this is one of the finest 1963 ZO6 Corvettes in existence. Numbers could approach one million?
Old 02-10-2022, 06:53 PM

Thanked 1,755 Times in 741 Posts

Wow - kind of forgot about these over the years. Spectacular, they should do very well.

Dykstra Motorsports
The Following User Says Thank You to RPOLS3 For This Useful Post:
olredalert (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 07:54 PM

I would be curious to see the ownership history on the silver 63 Z06?

Let me share a story with y’all that may be 100% true as told to me, but hopefully it contains no truth to it at all. FYI - I have no information or knowledge about this specific car and it’s probably exactly as advertised. I have no intention to discredit this car in any fashion.

Long ago I had a close friend / car partner (who was a very knowledgeable midyear enthusiast that owned historically significant cars) and we bought and sold a variety of cars together. He was a “too honest” kind of guy, and when it came to selling stuff he would talk down his own asking prices before potential buyers ever tried to. I took over the sales efforts after a while…

At some point he told me a story about one of his other good friends ’63 Z06 adventure. This 3rd party person was also very well versed in midyear Corvettes.

Anyways, this 3rd person supposedly owned a damaged silver 63 Z06 and acquired a near mint all original low mileage silver 63 in order to perform a transplant. He surgically transferred all the appropriate pieces from one to the other to end up with a flawless correct original paint Z06.

I never saw that car or asked Mr. 3rd person anything about it, because I probably wasn’t supposed to hear the story in the first place. I did question some of the cars and parts that I bought or tried to buy from him after that.

I can’t be the only one who heard this story. After all these years, I would love to know if there actually is any truth to it.

Charlie
Old 02-10-2022, 08:05 PM

Thanked 1,843 Times in 749 Posts

I know the ZO6 has been looked over by many very knowledgeable Corvette folks. To make a non fulie/ZO6 into a fulie/ZO6 on an original car would be quite a chore. The first thing I think of are the emblems and repairing the holes in the fenders. That alone would be hard to hide on an original paint car.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
60sStuff (02-11-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:28 PM

Thanked 3,766 Times in 1,597 Posts
Default Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubleyman View Post
I would be curious to see the ownership history on the silver 63 Z06?

Let me share a story with y’all that may be 100% true as told to me, but hopefully it contains no truth to it at all. FYI - I have no information or knowledge about this specific car and it’s probably exactly as advertised. I have no intention to discredit this car in any fashion.

Long ago I had a close friend / car partner (who was a very knowledgeable midyear enthusiast that owned historically significant cars) and we bought and sold a variety of cars together. He was a “too honest” kind of guy, and when it came to selling stuff he would talk down his own asking prices before potential buyers ever tried to. I took over the sales efforts after a while…

At some point he told me a story about one of his other good friends ’63 Z06 adventure. This 3rd party person was also very well versed in midyear Corvettes.

Anyways, this 3rd person supposedly owned a damaged silver 63 Z06 and acquired a near mint all original low mileage silver 63 in order to perform a transplant. He surgically transferred all the appropriate pieces from one to the other to end up with a flawless correct original paint Z06.

I never saw that car or asked Mr. 3rd person anything about it, because I probably wasn’t supposed to hear the story in the first place. I did question some of the cars and parts that I bought or tried to buy from him after that.

I can’t be the only one who heard this story. After all these years, I would love to know if there actually is any truth to it.

Charlie
----Charlie,,,What you heard is totally untrue. This Z06 showed up at either the 2nd or 3rd ever Fall Carlisle, and I was there to see it and try to buy it from the original owner who was from new York state. My friend, Jack Murray, whom I didn't even know at that time was also there and tried to buy it. Owner was taking offers but wouldn't commit. In the end we all went home discouraged. a few years later a piece of property was traded for the car and it came to the 2nd owner in Illinois, who just happened to be my insurance man and a truly great guy (RIP Bob Lojewski). Jack also used him for insurance up to his passing and probably tried to buy it every time they talked. His wife, also a very nice lady must have finally decided to pass this truly a treasure on to it's next caretaker. I haven't even looked at the second car yet, but I'm guessing it's the 1966 black on black 427 Corvette coupe that my old insurance man bought brand new.....Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 02-10-2022 at 08:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
carnut4life (02-11-2022), dykstra (02-11-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
I know the ZO6 has been looked over by many very knowledgeable Corvette folks. To make a non fulie/ZO6 into a fulie/ZO6 on an original car would be quite a chore. The first thing I think of are the emblems and repairing the holes in the fenders. That alone would be hard to hide on an original paint car.
I completely agree... The best one could end up with would be a "mostly" original paint car in my opinion. The experts out there definitely know what to look for.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:39 PM

----I was right! Bob just loved this 66 and babied it to death. It is one of the greatest 66's on the planet. I do think that Bob may have cleaned up under the hood just a bit so that it matched his expectations, but I can't imagine that it should make any difference in a purchasers mind. There are absolutely no clouds in this cars history. Just look at the paperwork. So friggin cool!!!.....Bill S
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olredalert For This Useful Post:
60sStuff (02-11-2022), carnut4life (02-11-2022), dykstra (02-11-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
----Charlie,,,What you heard is totally untrue. This Z06 showed up at either the 2nd or 3rd ever Fall Carlisle, and I was there to see it and try to buy it from the original owner who was from new York state. My friend, Jack Murray, whom I didn't even know at that time was also there and tried to buy it. Owner was taking offers but wouldn't commit. In the end we all went home discouraged. a few years later a piece of property was traded for the car and it came to the 2nd owner in Illinois, who just happened to be my insurance man and a truly great guy (RIP). Jack also used him for insurance up to his passing and probably tried to buy it every time they talked. His wife, also a very nice lady must have finally decided to pass this truly a treasure on to it's next caretaker. I haven't even looked at the second car yet, but I'm guessing it's the 1966 black on black 427 Corvette coupe that my old insurance man bought brand new.....Bill S
Hi Bill,

To clarify, I'm not questioning this car's pedigree at all. It sounds like the ownership history is well known and documented. Thank you for sharing that information!

If an original paint silver 63 Z06 ever popped up that had "Mr. 3rd party" in my story as a previous owner, I would probably suggest a thorough inspection....

Personally, it's one of my dream cars and I would love to own this one. There's a long term owner original paint 63 Z06 not far from my house (small tank) that has turned down many offers over the years...
Old 02-10-2022, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubleyman View Post
I completely agree... The best one could end up with would be a "mostly" original paint car in my opinion. The experts out there definitely know what to look for.
----Charlie,,,The original Sebring Silver has never been touched anywhere. I'm an expert and I have looked at every tiny corner of this car,,,,Never touched!!!....Bill S

----Charlie,,,There is no third party. Bob was the second owner,,,end of story!