Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 02-16-2022, 03:01 AM

I’ll add my thoughts to this:

I am a collector of survivor cars and this car, as advertised, would have been on my radar. However, I agree with Darrell that it is purposely misrepresented in its eBay description, especially with regards to “original paperwork” and thus I have 0% interest now. I would not have known the window stickers were fake without people pointing them out, and I’m always appreciative of many of you on here helping folks like me who simply don’t know any better. Without all of you and friends I’ve made over the years not only would I not have the cars I have but I would also have gotten burnt by someone “misrepresenting” (where I’m from we call that lying) a car and I would have said to heck with this hobby and I’d have been out. I have read many times on here that restamping and making fake docs (for crazy judging requirements or otherwise) almost always leads to some owner or dealer down the line claiming or at least insinuating the stamps and docs to be legit. I agree with this as we have all seen countless examples of this very thing all the time. And, I take offense to this more than most because I know without my close car friends and many of you I would get totally taken advantage of.

My opinion is people lying about cars is a cancer that has the potential to further damage us all. If we don’t have each other to help one another out then who do we have? I’d have nobody and wouldn’t have the mental escape of this site and cars that I do enjoy to a degree. Could Darrell and all of us maybe choose our words a little wiser? Of course, and me most of all. However, I do believe most of us mean well on here and I’m overall thankful for you all.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pusher_Man For This Useful Post:
1967 4K (02-16-2022), Copo_Cartel (02-16-2022), PeteLeathersac (02-18-2022), RPOLS3 (02-16-2022), RSSSfan (02-17-2022), scuncio (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,341 Posts

I know the NCRS provides a documentation validation service. Perhaps we can hear more about this service from those involved. Representing reproduced documentation as real is a stain on those that produce and those that misrepresent.

To those producing and in the best interest in the hobby stop aging the documents and always incorporate a water mark to identify it with your company name or reproduction.

Purchasing a car on awards from years past (in this case 9&13 years ago) without a inspection is not advisable. Many cars get cosmetic make overs to make them "better".

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
67since67 (02-16-2022), olredalert (02-16-2022), Pusher_Man (02-16-2022)
Old 02-16-2022, 03:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,844 Times in 750 Posts

Steve, thank you for your request about more information on the NCRS Document Validation Service. Here is additional information.

If you click on the “Historic Document Service” in the “Services” section on the NCRS website you can order three different things pertaining to your Corvette.

-Shipping Data Report
-Document Validation Service
-Award Confirmation Service.

NCRS has been granted permission by the General Motors Heritage Center to offer members validation of paper documents that the owner has. The GM records are for most Corvettes from 1962 to 1975. What this means is that if you send us a clear picture of a window sticker, shipper copy, tank sticker, rail copy or General Motors Dealer Invoice for your car, we can possibly validate this paperwork as legitimate. We are not validating Warranty Plates/Protect O Plates at this time. If validation cannot be completed due to missing information in the General Motors Heritage Center records, your fee will be refunded. NCRS does not supply the documents, we review the documents that you supply. The GM records are one of the tools we use in the validation process, but certainly not the only tool that is used.
NCRS recommends sending in documents for validation before you purchase a vehicle from an individual or auction. If a seller presents documents as being already validated, we can confirm this and send a copy of the documents that already have been validated.

Here is what you will see if you click on “Historic Document Service” on the NCRS website.

Document Validation Service
NCRS will compare any of your GM documents to the GM records contained in the Shipping Report and if verification can be achieved, will establish the authenticity of your factory documents. Unfortunately, the shipping report does not contain the vehicle options. A letter containing the information you request will be mailed to your NCRS address on record. The cost for this service will be $100.00 USD. Pay by Credit Card or PayPal.

This is a great tool for car owners to confirm that their paperwork is legitimate. Since tank stickers do not carry the cars Vehicle Identification Number, we can now tie that document to the specific car it is represented to come from with the help of GM records.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
67since67 (02-16-2022), 69M22Z (02-16-2022), azcamaros (02-17-2022), Big Block Bill (02-17-2022), DannyD (02-16-2022), dykstra (02-17-2022), olredalert (02-17-2022), PeteLeathersac (02-18-2022), Pusher_Man (02-16-2022), Steve Shauger (02-16-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
Steve, thank you for your request about more information on the NCRS Document Validation Service. Here is additional information...
Tim, is this only available for Corvettes, or other Chevrolet vehicles as well? I know that I was able to contact NCRS with my Camaro's VIN to get information about the dealership it was originally shipped to.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2022, 03:17 PM

This service is only available for Corvettes right now. I'd like to expand to other makes, but that is not on the horizon. I do have some ideas that may help verify paperwork for other Chevrolet vehicles and it would be a good topic for discussion.
The Following User Says Thank You to TimG For This Useful Post:
Pusher_Man (02-18-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,188 Times in 1,341 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimG View Post
This service is only available for Corvettes right now. I'd like to expand to other makes, but that is not on the horizon. I do have some ideas that may help verify paperwork for other Chevrolet vehicles and it would be a good topic for discussion.
Tim, thanks for providing insight into your Corvette documentation services. If you want to elaborate on your idea of opening it up to other models/lines we may want to start a new thread. I could make it a sticky so members can refer to it easily. Lets discuss.....

Thanks!

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve Shauger For This Useful Post:
Pusher_Man (02-18-2022)
Old 02-17-2022, 07:41 PM

Steve,

That sounds great, let's do that.