Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Ford-Mercury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

Got the hood back on. The hinges came out great from soaking and oiling.

Took her out for a drive to my buddy's garage and dismounted the 33 year-old Goodyear Eagle ST 225/70x15's that I put on in an emergency when the old tires went bad a couple months ago. (This set is actually the set of tires that the second owner of my '73 SD455 put on the car in 1985 when he blew up one of the Firestone 500's driving it from Arizona to California).

I had a set of recent 255/60x15 BFGs that were on an extra set of Honeycomb wheels in the garage. I dismounted them from the rims and mounted those on the Lincoln's steel wheels - blackwall side out - looks very sinister..

I then remounted the old Goodyear Eagle ST's on the original set of Honeycombs from the SD455, and stored the remaining Firestone 500's in the back of the garage. I know: it sounds like the automotive version of Three-Card-Monty.

Anyway, I will try to post some photos tomorrow when it is sunny out. It was raining all day today - and I spent most of the day scrubbing both sets of tires and making them presentable again.

I also spent a couple hours cleaning the garage of all the remnants of the engine build, finding my lost tools, and throwing out the cardboard boxes, empty paint cans, dirty rags, etc.
Attached Images

Last edited by njsteve; 12-03-2018 at 08:03 PM.