Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Comments/Suggestions > Comments, Suggestions, Problems

Old 10-24-2003, 06:24 PM

Default MUST READ, board changes.

Within the next couple of days, the board will be under going some changes.

First of all, we have assigned a couple of moderators, to help over see the board. They are Charley Lillard and HawaiianCamaro (Jeff Chlupsa). Their duties will be to see that this board remains the ultimate supercar site, a place where all supercar enthusiasts can come and share information. They will be empowered to ban from the site any/all members that chronically abuse the forum policies regarding good manners and respect for fellow members. Posts that they deem inappropriate will be deleted and the posting member will be admonished. It's a fun place to hang out, but be aware...we now have an enforcement department that would very much appreciate your cooperation and support. Disagreements will never totally disappear, but Charley and Jeff will be responsible for enforcing fair and courteous debate, without tolerance of personal attacks or demeaning rhetoric. Let's play nice, gentlemen and ladies.

Second. A few rules, some new, some old.

1. Everyone who posts needs to *honestly* fill out their profile. I for one like to know who I am communicating with. We will give everyone a few days to get this done, but we urge everyone to do it ASAP.

2. Try and keep posts "somewhat" supercar related. I, like most others on here, enjoy all musclecars, but after all, this site is for the discussion of the "supercars".

3. No un-warranted bashing of of cars, parts or other board members. This does not mean that negative posts are not allowed, but must be factual.

4. Posts need to be done in a polite, professional manner. After all, a lot of musclecar enthusiasts look up to us, as we are the care takers for some of the rarest and most collectable cars in the world. Lets show them we are worthy of the adoration.

5. The classified ad section will remain free for now, but donations to the sYc accepted. This section will be for the "causal use" of board members, meaning not a place for sellers to set up shop. Anyone who would like sell items in quantity, either parts or cars, please contact the sYc. We will we will be glad to work with you.

Old 10-24-2003, 06:51 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Default Re: MUST READ, board changes.

Sounds good to me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:01 PM

Good idea and choice of moderators. Maybe you and Rob can experience some enjoyment from the forum, instead of having to be all things to all people. Appreciate your decision!

Do they get badges and sidearms? Charley already predicts I'll be the first on his $hit list. I better lay off the [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif[/img] graemlin I guess. Hi Chuck [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

SS
Old 10-24-2003, 08:43 PM

Tom It is good that the sYc is going to have some ground rules. I think that it will benefit all. Good choices on the moderators. They are two gentleman who usually stay neutral in disputes and disagreements. More importiantly they are very knowledgeable.

I have one question/comment regarding this rule.

2. Try and keep posts "somewhat" supercar related. I, like most others on here, enjoy all musclecars, but after all, this site is for the discussion of the "supercars".

Could you elaborate more on this particular rule? I for one have learned volumes about musclecars and supercars from this site and I think that we can all agree that good info has been shared here as well as members benefiting from muscle car related discussions. After all muscle cars are the basis for supercars.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:00 PM

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice that! Should have known it'd be you! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The original intention of this site (forum included) was to promote and discuss all things Supercar. Now, the definition of said "Supercar" is a dicey subject at best, so I'll just keep moving! Most of the Supercar owners own all types of cars, not just the rare and exotic, so they're inevitably gonna be discussed in some form or another. Plus, a lot of the info crosses over from model to model.

While this is gonna be a grey area, this just gives us and the mods some footing if the day ever comes when the topics start straying WAY off topic WAY too regularly. We won't go deleting posts not directly related to Supercars, but we are watching! If things stay the same as in the past, then there will be no problems. This board has ran relatively smooth in the past, and I anticipate it doing so well into the future. But if the topics start turning towards anything dealing with "rice" then I'm liable to start cutting posts like nobody's business! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 09:08 PM
Yenko Paid Member

I guess that means no more 5? Hudson Hornets? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This is a sad day! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2003, 09:41 PM

Good idea, now there's a ring ref for me and matt, me and stefano, me and ?, hey, why's it always me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

BTW: [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/CharleySucks.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, & 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 10-24-2003, 10:08 PM

Why doesn't it suprise you that I was the one that pointed that out! What are you trying to say? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]J/K LOL

Rob one more question. Could we still discuss COPO floormats and such? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob one more question. Could we still discuss COPO floormats and such?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! Everything but COPO whisk brooms...oops! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Yenko Paid Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure! Everything but COPO whisk brooms...oops! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, i think the new moderator of this site is into those! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]