Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Pay it Forward Classifieds

Please note

Old 12-22-2023, 05:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,963 Times in 1,390 Posts
Default 1964 Malibu SS SOLD

I'm posting this in here because it certainly wasn't a supercar. Is it a super good deal ? Probably not, but it is cheap in today's crazy restoration world.
I bought this from a friend who has been dragging it around from storage to storage for 10 years and wanted out from under it. I didn't see him getting much response to it, so I bought it. I don't have time to build it and maybe someone wants a project of this magnitude to keep them busy for several years.
It is a complete car that was a driver until his son completely dismantled it for a restoration that, obviously, never happened.

It was a 6 cylinder car and the vin is such. It has a PG trans and console. He sold the engine and bought a high performance 283 that I have dyno papers for that puts out about 290 hp. It has angle plug, aluminum heads, don't know the brand. There is also a '64-65 M20 that he was going to convert to and a nice 4 speed console. I've never looked in it... I can do that for a serious inquiry. I see it has some sort of shifter in the pic too. I'll see if I can at it and get a pic of what it is. No other conversion parts for the 4 speed. He had a shop install a 1 piece cabin floor and it IS a nice job. The installer cut out and kept ALL the necessary brackets to mount the seats and console as original. I have a 1 piece trunk floor for it too. My friend has a brother in CA and he found a mint trunk lid and my friend drove down for a visit and brought it back. VERY nice part.
The frame was rusted, so he acquired a better frame and it has the V8 engine stands on it. The body is just sitting on the frame. There is a new set of body bushings included, some assembly required. I have quarter skins, but I wouldn't use them whole, rather as patch panels for the rust. The originals are nice enough to just repair. I removed all the parts from boxes and have a few pics of it all. It does roll and steer by hand turning the tires. The spindles are connected with conduit, as all the rest of the steering is off the frame. The door panels and seats are somewhat decent and the car could be assembled as a driver until a full restoration could be done. Again, it will be a major project just to get it to "driver" status.

NO PARTS, this is an all or nothing deal. I could spend time and sell parts and maybe get more, but not on my bucket list, sorry.

I have a clean and clear open MN title in my friends name.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles

Last edited by Too Many Projects; 12-28-2023 at 08:15 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
cruiserofland (12-22-2023)
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-22-2023, 07:40 PM

Thanked 4,020 Times in 972 Posts

GLWS Mitch! So will you be changing your handle to Not As Many Projects??
Old 12-22-2023, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67since67 View Post
GLWS Mitch! So will you be changing your handle to Not As Many Projects??
STILL Too Many Projects
1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 12-28-2023, 06:37 PM

I was contacted by a new member about this car and he wanted to know how the window channels were. I didn't know, so removed the lower trim on the rear window to see. Amazingly, there is NO rust thru. Some of the pits are fairly deep, but do not penetrate.

The glass is loose on the old sealant and has leaked for some time. There was a LOT of extra sealant in the channel to try to stop it from leaking. The interior channel looks OK, but may have some rust issues.

By the time I got done with this, my fingers were frozen, so no trim removal on the front. It does look good there too.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 12-28-2023, 07:03 PM

As long as I was out there, freezing, I took a number of other informative pics.
Order an SS package and a radio, but not the push button model ? I hadn't seen a manual tune radio for a long time.

I did not get the keys with the car. My friend thought his son in Portland OR had them and the son thought he had them.... I removed a door lock and got the code and had a set of original blank keys made. It fits the ignition as well as the doors and trunk on this year car. The only lock I didn't find in the boxes was the glove box, or the latch. I'm certain they are together, but just where in the world is unknown.

Front seats are complete, should easily clean up quite well, as seen in other ads...

Replacement toe board patch and leading edge of 1 piece cabin floor.

The person who did the floor work braced this quite well before cutting. It looks like a stock car ready to rock...

Most of the trunk floor has been removed, to save the new owner time...

As I said in the initial ad, I would just use the repro skins as patch panels to replace only what is necessary. It has the usual issues over the rockers, wheel arches and behind the tires, but the rest of the panels look good.

The tail light housings are good, but I believe this side will need some further metal work, as I can see filler under the paint on it and the quarter from a bump. The left side appears all original.

There are 2 dents in the roof that will need attention as well.

1967 Camaro ss/rs
Old 12-28-2023, 08:08 PM

Sold !!
1967 Camaro ss/rs
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
1967Z28 (12-29-2023), 67since67 (12-28-2023), dykstra (01-22-2024), PeteLeathersac (12-29-2023), Steve Shauger (12-28-2023), SuperNovaSS (12-29-2023)