Ryan

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 10-28-2016, 04:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: "The Beater Bee" becomes "The Better Bee"

Well done! Your determination and attention to detail is off the chart.

Jason
Old 10-28-2016, 10:37 AM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A12pilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You did.....check the previous page for the explanation for Lynch Road cars [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] They were different than all other plants [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Cheers [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </div></div>

Ahhh, very interesting. Learn something new everyday. I'll have to go back and look at my old photos of my Hemi orange, Lynch Road '71 Hemi Charger sunroof car (the one Tim Welborn has now). it was original paint when I got it. Funny thing about that car is that there was little to no Hemi orange paint in the engine compartment. It was as if the painter made one half-hearted pass with the paint gun while standing in front and never got the firewall or the inner fenders below the top portions.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:20 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Steve,

Yeah, that's the reason that the bottoms of the frame rails, inner trunk lid supports, under the package tray, were all just usually dip gray primer. The painter had a job to do and if he couldn't reach it, oh well. Under side of the battery tray is another common non-painted area.

No worries the critique with the fender tag. I'm the KING of learning something new everyday!!! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] Kelly tells me that often!

Another thing about LR cars is the dimples in the firewall. There are either one, two, a dimple and a chisel mark, two chisel marks, on one side or both. It varies by car, they aren't uniform or consistent, and are only on Lynch Road cars. I never heard of that and there is a 9 page thread on the A12 board about just that! Interesting, trivial, and just when you think you heard it all something like this comes up and it makes you scratch your head [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

Always open for critiques, corrections, and questions.....and beer....I like beer [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2016, 07:31 PM

At what point did you shoot the door jams ... TAZ
Old 10-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

I shot the jambs, inner doors, trunk gutters, and underside of the decklid all at the same time so as not to have any overspray or masking lines. The trunk lid I kept closed with a wire that went from the latch to the striker latch on the underside of the lid. On mopars, that latch plate is painted body color. The latch mechanism isn't painted but the bolts are since there was a mechanism installed to keep the trunk closed when the outside was painted. Aso a result, the truck latch striker gets painted on the deck lid, and the latch should be plated correctly [no paint] but the bolts that hold it on are painted body color since those bolts were holding the temporary latch in place during the paint process [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/biggthumpup.gif[/img] hope that helps!

Dave
Old 10-28-2016, 11:05 PM

Thanks Dave -- I think I will follow your lead on this ... the only part I will deviate on is the underside of the hood and deck lid will be painted semi-gloss black (just to be different) as the Nova will be painted code 52 Yellow. Thanks again for the vector ... TAZ
Old 10-28-2016, 11:32 PM

Thanked 5,346 Times in 1,875 Posts

Wowza....looks great!
Old 11-01-2016, 09:39 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

I added the radiator and headlight bucket blackout. This was done kind of crappily [is that two &quot;p&quot;s or one? [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/dunno.gif[/img] ] as was done by the factory, and the coverage was not the best either. Some overspray got on the underside of the core support and inner fender as well. I painted the interior doors with single stage black too. Getting ready to start the cut and polish!

Cheers
Old 11-01-2016, 09:47 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

After masking off the doors and painting the upper and lower parts with the single stage black, I added factory number markings that were on the doors when I disassembled them. Also, the front and rear window channels had a yellow tick mark by each reveal molding clip. I assume this was so that after the vinyl top was installed they knew where the screw hole was. Always good to find the right hole!
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img] I'm just sayin'.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]