Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 01-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1970 NHRA Legal Camaro A/SA-B/SA Baldwin Motion Clone

I am listing my 1970 Camaro NHRA legal A/SA-B/SA Baldwin Motion Stocker for sale. This car has been totally rebuilt since I purchased it a few years ago and is very competitive since it is very capable of being 1 second under the NHRA index. Below is a comprehensive description of the car and I might add that if you would like to go for a virtual ride in this car, I posted a GoPro video on www.youtube.com. Once you get on YouTube, just type in the Search Bar; "2017 Maple Grove Raceway". This video starts in the burnout box and goes all the way to scales after a heads up win (watch for the win light on the retaining wall at the finish line). Please feel free to ask questions if I have missed something. I am also posting a few pictures, but if you would like to see something specific, please send me your email and I would be glad to provide anything you might need.

1970 Camaro “A/SA & B/SA”
402 CID-375 HP NHRA Rated 400 HP

The car is a unique Gen 2 Camaro cloned after a 1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro. This car was totally rebuilt in 2013, everything was upgraded; including the chassis, complete new engine (2016 and freshened in 2018), complete new transmission (freshened in 2018), complete new 12 bolt, all new wiring, all new plumbing, and Racepak Sportsman computer. This is a one second under plus car.

The chassis and roll cage was built by Davey Summa of Summa Performance, all chrome moly tubing, it was built like a Super Stocker and the short times prove how good it is. This build was photo documented. Santuff front springs along with Custom Front Afco Double Adjustable Shocks by Randy Mans of Fast Shocks. Global West A-Arm Bushings and Afco extended ball joints, along with Baer tie rods with spherical rod ends for front end geometry correction.

Engine machine work done by Ron Hutter of Hutter Performance in Chardon, Ohio and Charlie Weston of Weston Performance in New Jersey. This engine is built around a Dart block, Bullet Crankshaft, ATI Dampener, CP Pistons, Carillo Rods, Sealed Power Rings, Edelbrock/Chevrolet Aluminum Cylinder Heads by Gary Hettler, Chevrolet Performance Intake Manifold also by Gary Hettler, Comp Cams/Bullet camshafts, Comp Cams Rocker Arms, Comp Cams Tool Steel Lifters, Trend push rods, PAC bee hive valve springs, Quick Fuel carburetor, oil pump by Denny Steward, Moroso 3 quart oil accumulator with driver activated switch, oil pan by Charlie’s Oil Pans, with a DRE custom oil pan diaper. Afco Aluminum radiator with Mezeire water pump. Custom made Stainless Steel headers by Calvin Elston in the spring of 2018, when the car was at his shop.

Transmission built by Carl Rossler with a CSR carbon fiber shield. Precision Performance shifter. Custom made Torque Convertors by Paul Yerger, formerly the manager at ATI.
The 12 bolt rear end started with a new housing from Strange Engineering, including Strange axles, Strange Spool and “DUAL” rear caliper Strange Disc Brakes. Custom bolt on anti-roll bar by Davey Summa . LPW reinforced rear cover with integral heater and LPW rear axle tube struts. Cal Tracs rear suspension including split mono rear springs. Afco double adjustable rear shocks. Chromed Ken Keir single wheelie bar. Mark Williams SFI driveshaft with billet trans yoke, large u-joints and billet pinion yoke.

All new electrical system centered around a K&R super duty complete wiring system with an overhead switch panel. Racepak Sportsman computer with the following channels; Engine RPM, Driveshaft RPM, Engine/Driveshaft ratio, Convertor % Slip, Two Step, Battery Voltage, Acceleration G’s, Lateral G’s, All 8 Cylinder EGT’s, Fuel Pump Pressure, Carburetor Pressure, Brake Pressure, Transmission Pressure, Water Temperature, Engine Oil Pressure, Wide Open Throttle sensor, 2 Oxygen Sensors (all primary header tubes have their own O2 bung), Vacuum sensor, MSD timing monitor. The driver’s compartment is also fitted with Oil Pressure, Carb Fuel Pressure, Water Temperature, and Brake Pressure gauges by Racepak. It has an MSD Grid System with MSD distributor, MSD Coil, MSD spark plug wires and MSD starter. Large face AutoMeter; tach, shift light, brake pressure light for staging and low pressure oil light. Driver activated Lokar remote shut off cable for the On/Off master switch in the trunk. Lithium Battery 8.5 lb with charger (2018). Magna Fuel Pump 5000 with integral fuel filter, and an Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator. Auto Electric racing alternator with low mount driver side bracket and pulley.

I have invested over $100,000.00 in parts and pieces alone, not to mention my time and labor investment to make this car extremely competitive. I am asking $65,000.00

You can contact me through this site on private message or through email: [email protected]

Thanks
Gary Merrick
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to GM_427_Racer For This Useful Post:
Damien (01-17-2019)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry Scan_20190112 (3).jpg P1010235.JPG P1010226.JPG P1010220.JPG
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...