Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Mopar

Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: Help - 1970 Barracuda

my 2 cents is 5-7k is way way too low, and if you suggested that to the guy, he will not sell it to you (which is my guess is just what happened?). No wonder he got cold feet. If he started to restore it, he may be familiar with what parts are worth on the car, etc. The grill itself is expensive. the front fenders are expensive. long short is the sum of the parts alone are over 5-7k all day long, if all it needs is a trunk floor. What if it has a rim blow steering wheel? that is a fortune just by itself. The car could also be a shaker car, so there is another case of the value of the parts could blow past 5-7k easily. It could also have a dana rear end (I have seen more than a few dana 340s). Lots of wild card options possible on the car.

I would have said ~12-15K for a BS coded (cuda) 340 and work up or down from there.
Offer less on a BH 340.

Good luck finding another...as you may find out.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:17 PM

Good to know, thanks.

We haven't spoke about numbers yet, but agree that I don't want to scare him away with a low ball. At this point I'm still trying to get in front of the car, see what it really is.

I'll be sure to pass along the details as I get them.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:11 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my 2 cents is 5-7k is way way too low, and if you suggested that to the guy, he will not sell it to you (which is my guess is just what happened?). No wonder he got cold feet. If he started to restore it, he may be familiar with what parts are worth on the car, etc. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">The grill itself is expensive. the front fenders are expens</span>ive</span>. long short is the sum of the parts alone are over 5-7k all day long, if all it needs is a trunk floor. What if it has a rim blow steering wheel? that is a fortune just by itself. The car could also be a shaker car, so there is another case of the value of the parts could blow past 5-7k easily. It could also have a dana rear end (I have seen more than a few dana 340s). Lots of wild card options possible on the car.

I would have said ~12-15K for a BS coded (cuda) 340 and work up or down from there.
Offer less on a BH 340.

Good luck finding another...as you may find out.

</div></div>

You did see that he said '70 right , not a '71.
And I'm gonna let the 'Dana 340&quot; reference go [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2014, 12:20 PM

Tracker, If you can show me where someone can find an eBody for $5-7K, post it here.
They dont exist. If that car is a BH, it should be more like $10K. If its a BS cuda, its more than that.
I was wrong on the dana, but I do know you cant find ebodies in that 5-7K range either.