Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Member's Rides

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Administrator

Thanked 6,204 Times in 1,347 Posts
Default 1969 RS/SS Time Capsule

On March 20th 1969 Nathan Miller walked into Dick Fencl Chevrolet in Oak Park, IL and ordered this car. The salesman was Jan DiVito and optioned it as follows:

• Super Sport
• Rally Sport
• 350/300hp
• Turbo Hyd 350
• 331 Posi Rear
• Air Conditioning
• Tinted Glass
• Am/Fm
• 8Track Tape
• Console
• Special Instr
• Rally Wheels
• Vinyl Top- Black
• Deluxe Black Comfort Weave
• Power Steering
• Dover White Paint

On March 24th he provided a $200 deposit and the order was officially placed. It’s interesting to note that on the sales order Nathan specified No Fencl Sticker. Nathan took delivery on April 29th. The price of the car totaled $3,979 and amazingly he was able to pay the car off in just 12 months.

This car is a true time capsule which still retains original; belts(2), hoses, paint, tires, plug wires. In essence only maintenance items such as battery, plugs and oil /filter have been replaced since the mileage is only 15K.

I first saw this car in 2004 at the GM nationals where it achieved Legend status in the Vintage Certification program. The last year this car was registered was in 1975, however it has been maintained and absolutely run like a new car with no leaks and even functional A/C. Owning and driving a benchmark car such as this is a privilege and puts a smile on my face every time I take it for a drive.

My goal is to show the car at the up coming MCACN this November 20th and 21st and bring it back home to Chicago. Wouldn’t it be great to have it reunited with Nathan the original owner… Well you never know.

Attached Images

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Attachments - The Supercar Registry 25214.jpg 25213.jpg 25212.jpg 25211.jpg
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...