Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 06-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,788 Times in 1,605 Posts
Default Re: F/S Lee Pearl's 1970 442 W-30 Convertible 4 speed

----Scorpio,,,Try keeping your thoughts to yourself.......Bill S
Old 06-27-2013, 11:14 PM

Great story, great car and great person! Congrats on the sale.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Dude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont think anyone is knocking the car or Lee, the hyperbole used to describe it is what got under the other guys skin. </div></div>

Dude, You are the only one that gets it. I join car forums to get as much worthy technical info as possible on many different subjects. I have a few cars myself. Rare ones at that. All I got out of this thread was how to hype a car in order to get the highest price possible. No substance at all. I have nothing against the car or Lee. I don't know either. But I do notice that the minute someone brings up a question or a statement that goes against the grain, certain individuals start acting like they have their underwear on backwards or have their monthly cramps. Get over it. Turn your underwear around, take some Midol and you will feel better.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scorpio ps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=The Dude] I join car forums to get as much worthy technical info as possible </div></div>

I spent an hour talking with Lee on Thursday while checking out his car, and was blown away at the differences CA emission built W30's had over 49 state versions. In fact part of the reason the car was delivered as a hard top the first time we postualed was because the line had to effectively halt while they built these CA destined smog cars with all their subtle unique features and stuff got mixed up like striping etc. The length he went to to make the car 100% nails on in that respect as well as everything else on it was truly impressive.

On an aside I didn't get the hype aspect at all, just a guy who bought a car for 600.00 thirty five years ago,squirreled NOS parts away for decades, did it to the nines, watched his kids grow up in it and then bid it farewell. Cool story actually with lot's of susbstance IMO.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:57 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: olredalert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">----Scorpio,,,Try keeping your thoughts to yourself.......Bill S </div></div>

There you go. This was a for sale thread....for a really cool and rare car, for sale by a cool guy...who has owned the car forever....not some flipper. I could could feel his &quot;passion&quot; for the car by reading the thread. Obviously, you didn't...

If it bothered and offended you so much, why did you keep reading it then? To post what you did was not classy at all...and wasn't necessary. Really... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Seriously, find another hobby that doesn't get you so uptight...LOL [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/haha.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2013, 04:03 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

And....Goodnight Gracie.....