Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale > Supercars/Musclecars-Sold listings

Please note

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 01:54 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

450hp, with regards to your question, the car does not have U14 and I thought the clock was standard equipment. I don't think it has been added.

Wayoutz, I will give you a call later today to discuss.

Thx
Oliver
Old 12-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Yenko Premier Member

Sounds good
1969 CORVETTE 427/435 (MA6) BLOOMINGTON GOLD SURVIVOR
1966 CORVETTE 327/350 L79 BLOOMINGTON GOLD
1978 CORVETTE L82 4SP SILVER ANNIVERSAY 9K MILES SURVIVOR
1967 CORVETTE L79 Convertible
1970 Z28 CLASSIC COPPER FRAME OFF RICK NELSON
Old 01-15-2022, 06:47 PM

About 2 years ago there was an original never restored triple gold bench seat deluxe seat belt L78 for sale in the North Carolina Mountains... not far from Bristol TN. Is this the same car?
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 01-18-2022, 01:11 PM

I'm not sure about all of it's previous history but it could be. It came from that part of the world before it was brought to Canada. It does have deluxe seat belts so it is likely the car you are mentioning. It was put through an auction and was a no sale. It ended up at a dealer in Florida and was brought to Canada in early 2019.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:48 PM

Very nice car.
The Following User Says Thank You to 70LS6454 For This Useful Post:
ls6owner (01-19-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 03:43 PM

An update-a previous owner has contacted me and it is the car mentioned by firstgenaddict in post #23. If anyone has information from that portion if it's life, it would be great to hear about it.
Thx
Oliver
Old 01-20-2022, 05:52 PM
Yenko Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6owner View Post
An update-a previous owner has contacted me and it is the car mentioned by firstgenaddict in post #23. If anyone has information from that portion if it's life, it would be great to hear about it.
Thx
Oliver
oliver I would have bought this car if the border crap wasent involved.
What a beautiful car
1969 CORVETTE 427/435 (MA6) BLOOMINGTON GOLD SURVIVOR
1966 CORVETTE 327/350 L79 BLOOMINGTON GOLD
1978 CORVETTE L82 4SP SILVER ANNIVERSAY 9K MILES SURVIVOR
1967 CORVETTE L79 Convertible
1970 Z28 CLASSIC COPPER FRAME OFF RICK NELSON
The Following User Says Thank You to wayoutz For This Useful Post:
russ69 (01-20-2022)
Old 01-20-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayoutz View Post
oliver I would have bought this car if the border crap wasent involved.
What a beautiful car
What border crap? I sell cars to US buyers and brought one in from the US just this past summer. It’s really not difficult.

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy
Old 01-22-2022, 04:27 PM

Folks,
I thought I should add some clarification to this discussion so people aren't afraid to move cars across the border. Getting the car back into the US was not going to be difficult or costly. I called Homeland Security and got clarification that I could export the car back to the US with a previous title and a Bill of Sale. The car was properly imported to Canada with all applicable taxes and fees paid. However, the car has never been registered to actually put a license on it in Canada and has only been driven on short term permits.

Where this appears to get tricky is what is required in a potential buyers state to actually title the car in a new owners name in the state in question. Some states appear to require an actual registration from Canada as well as a previous title and a Bill of Sale. To get a registration (I have previous titles and a BOS) I could go register and put plates on the car on Monday but would incur provincial sales tax of about 6K CAD so I would have to add that to the cost of the car, or absorb it, which I am not prepared to do.

This additional cost, plus shipping, plus the applicable state tax got pretty significant.

Any car that has been registered in Canada, or was going into a state that would accept a Bill of Sale and previous titles to issue a title in a new owners name, would only incur the cost of the state taxes and shipping, of course.

I hope this information helps with the process. I have exported a car to the US before, so am familiar with that process, but am not familiar with the rules in various states.

Wayoutz, I hope you don't mind me sharing a bit of information publicly about our discussion, but I didn't want people on either side of the border to think it is terribly difficult to import/export a musclecar. An EPA Form 3250 must be completed in advance and a vehicle that is 21 years old and in unmodified configuration is exempted from EPA regs under code E on the form. There are many other exemptions on this form for things like race cars etc. In addition, Form 7501 needs to be completed by Homeland Security at the border. A shipper will handle all this for a buyer but I don't know how much they charge for that part of the process.

From my perspective, the process to get the car across the US border is fairly easy. I've never personally imported a car into Canada, but I believe that process is fairly easy to navigate as well. Again, using a shipper takes care of all this, but comes with a cost.
Thx
Oliver
Old 01-22-2022, 04:41 PM

To sell the car in Canada (at least in Ontario) or the US, the car must be registered in the seller’s name to legally transfer ownership. The car cannot be exported to the US without the title and bill of sale in the same person’s name also - it won’t pass customs inspection. I know people do sell cars without registering them, but the Ministry can deny the new owner from registering the car if the ownership/title and bill of sale are not signed by the same person. I know this first hand because it happened to me years ago with a 72 Corvette. They would not allow me to register the car in Ontario and it was an Ontario registered car at the time. I had to go back to the seller and he refunded my money as he didn’t want spend the money to pay the tax to register the car in his name.

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy

Last edited by Zedder; 01-22-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, ls6, matching, original, ss454