Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts
Default Re: Motion Nova????

It might or might not be a real car but the seller is not allowed on this site so can we keep the comments on camaros.net where is is allowed to post ? No need to be making fun of someone on here especially when he has no way to defend himself here.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:27 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll come out of retirement to comment on this...

Ed
55Chevy

</div></div>

Son of a gun.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarrenX33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll come out of retirement to comment on this...

Ed
55Chevy

</div></div>

Son of a gun.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </div></div>

Hey D. What's shakin man? Hope you are doing well [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2012, 02:03 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DarrenX33</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll come out of retirement to comment on this...

Ed
55Chevy

</div></div>

Son of a gun.... [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img] </div></div>

Hey D. What's shakin man? Hope you are doing well [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]</div></div>

You to buddy. Nice to see you still around.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 PM

Don't know anything about Dan P.'s personal cars but I do know he finds some really rare and desireable race cars and musclecars in the NY and NJ area. Finds some really interesting drag cars of the past.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:29 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might or might not be a real car but <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">the seller is not allowed on this site</span></span> so can we keep the comments on camaros.net where is is allowed to post ? No need to be making fun of someone on here especially when he has no way to defend himself here. </div></div>

that was my guess ...

It seemed odd that it was on the Camaro site as well, aren't there Nova sites that would be a better place for it (as opposed to Team Camaro ... ) ?

Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: al8apex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

It seemed odd that it was on the Camaro site as well, aren't there Nova sites that would be a better place for it (as opposed to Team Camaro ... ) ? </div></div>

I used to post on Steves Nova site until I put &quot;sucks&quot; in a post. They edited it three times (putting asterisks, deleting the word, then the sentence, and finally removed the entire post. When I inquired why they dumped the entire post (on topic with no other &quot;questionable&quot; words) a woman mod informed me that &quot;children read these forums&quot;. So in the face of that, I just quietly left. So judging on what I've seen posted here if he got booted from here he wouldn't last one post over there(or didn't as the case may be)..
Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It might or might not be a real car but the seller is not allowed on this site so can we keep the comments on camaros.net where is is allowed to post ? No need to be making fun of someone on here especially when he has no way to defend himself here. </div></div>

I don't know if the car is the real deal or not. I've talked to Dan on a few occasions and he was always decent to me. I can't really say anything bad of him either way.
I do however think he goes through alot of time and aggrevation to push this car as a &quot;real deal Motion Nova&quot; if it isn't one. The cars provenance and his credibility have been under speculation for so long its almost sad. I know he has ruffled alot of feathers in the hobby and theres quite a few people that don't care for him. To each their own I guess. It just seems odd to me that after all the abuse the guy has taken over this car that if it were indeed a phony why not stop advertising it?? Something makes him completely believe its real. As for the Joel Rosen letter he has , I do remember him telling me about it and Joel could not completely say YES IT IS A MOTION CAR or No it isnt a Motion car. It was plainly VAGUE at best. If beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't a Motion Car why wouldn't Joel just tell Dan that and save him from public humiliation? I'm not completely sure but I think Dan paid Joel the &quot;documentaion fee&quot; and got a maybe. In my opion, I think someone else should buy this car ignoring the fact it it may or may not be a Motion Car and have all the research and paperwork done themselves and see what answer comes back. It would be nice to see one way or another if its real or just a 68 Nova with some peculiar mods done to it. Either way its still a pretty cool 68 NOVA
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/worship.gif[/img]
Agreed and well said. This is my understanding too. From what Dan has told me, he has a maybe letter. Why would Joel say it may be the <span style="font-weight: bold">Only</span> 68 Nova he converted or it may not be? He left the door wide open for a future owner. From a 68 Nova enthusiast this would be King Chicken Lip himself. (1 of 1...)
If anything it would be the only Sequoia green white vinyl top L48 Super sport car I know of with a bunch of options.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Then he should have just said he has a &quot;Maybe&quot; letter. If Joel doesn't have any record of the car and isn't sure if he built it he is doing the right thing by not documenting it. Since he also does not have proof that it isn't a real Motion car he is also doing the right thing by not saying it &quot;isn't&quot;. If he were to say it &quot;isn't&quot; and later it was proved wrong by paperwork etc showing up he might have somebody go after him for devaluing their car wrongly. Others are making that same mistake now. Dan isn't doing himself any favors by keeping the &quot;maybe&quot; letter secret. It only makes people suspicious