Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 03-12-2007, 05:58 PM

Default 1970 Motion Nova

I have decide to list car on this site for sale first before listing again on ebay. The car is almost ready for paint, and I have almost all of the hard to find parts. I am really not sure on how to do a car like this so I decide to see if there is interest now. I have letter form Joel that this is indeed a real car along with several NOS parts. Asking price $100,000 would consider part trade. If interested call 912-337-2647 and ask for Robby
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 03-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 1970 Motion Nova

Is it a 454 LS6 / LS7 conversion... some more info as to how it was equipped from Motion would go along way... Is it a Baldwin day one car or a day 2 car?
NCRS#65120
68 GTO HO 4 spd Alpine Blue /Parchment 2 owner car
#21783 71 Corvette LT1 45k miles Orig paint - Brandshatch Green - National Top Flight - last known 71 LT1 built.
71 Corvette LT1 42k miles Original paint - Black - black leather - only black LT1 known to exist.
NUMEROUS Lemans blue Camaros,
Monza Red and Daytona Yellow Corvettes
& a Chevelle or two...
Survivors, restored cars, & other photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos
Old 03-13-2007, 12:51 AM

Sorry, I thought readers read the other ads. The car is a documented shop built car. It is a matching number engine to body car 396/375 with 4 speed trans. Motion items are 3 barrel holley, eldrobrock intake, scatter shield, fiberglass fan, altered hurst shifter for console car, mallery ignition, fly eye air cleaner, ET rear cover. The engine is stamped with 4 digit numbers on heads and block along with motion performance stamped on rear of engine. These numbers were the work order numbers when car was in Motion Performance shop. I have sent pictures of all items and stampings to Mr Rosen and affirmed that this is indeed his work. I have the following parts new that go with this sale. Motion Valve covers, NOS of motion emblems still in the motion pack. I have a rebuilt 3 barrel carb, NOS fly eye air cleaner, NOS rear cover, NOS fiberglass fan, Mallery coil, SST 802 sun tach, I have all the original hurst shifter, muncie transmission, 12 bolt rear, and all interior for car. The car is almost ready for paint with all body work done. Car has been put on rotisory and there is no rust at all on car. I have new fenders, hood, bumpers, and sport steering wheel. Engine has been rebuilt and dry run along with cranked on engine stand. I have pictures of what has been done along with what I have.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:46 AM

Did the work order specify what work was done to the engine to warrant a work order number and have Motion put their name on it...........Joe
Old 03-13-2007, 03:57 AM

According to what I have found out, the numbers were to keep original block and heads together so they would not be misplaced. I know that the engine had modifications done but thats all.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:02 AM

Do you have a copy of the "work order" with that number on it?
Old 03-13-2007, 04:53 PM

No, all I have is a letter from Joel stating that the car at sometime had work done simular to what was done on baldwin motion cars. Signed and dated 2007
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 PM

Thanked 3,850 Times in 1,024 Posts

So in your first post you state.... "I have letter form Joel that this is indeed a real car along with several NOS parts"

But the letter says the car "at sometime had work done similar to what was done on Baldwin Motion cars"
It sounds like Joel didn't really confirm doing any work on the car ?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM

Charley you left out a very important part of the letter, Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, Joel says he believes this car was brought to Motion shop and received similar mods which would make it a Motion built car. There is no claim to be a Baldwin Chevy car. I've not seen one shred of evidence saying that this car is not a Motion modified Nova . But, what I have seen is; Motion parts found on this car, location of selling dealer (50 miles from Baldwin), 4 different stampings on the engine that have Motion origins, Statement of second owner and a letter from Mr. Motion, Joel Rosen saying what he believed about the car. All I can say is this is a tough crowd!
Dear Mr. Metelits
In regard to your 1970 Chevrolet Nova serial #114xxxx. As we have discussed in our many telephone conversations a search of our records and your statement that the car was sold new by a dealer other than Baldwin Chevrolet has eliminated the possibilty that the car was sold new by the baldwin Motion Performance Group. <font color="red">However with the pictures and numbers you have provided me with, I believe (as we discussed) the car was brought to us (Motion Performance Inc) at some period in it's life for modifications similar to those we did on Baldwin Motion cars.</font>
Good luck with your musclecar. signed; Joel Rosen President of Motion Performance.
Also letter is on old Motion Performance Inc letter head address 598 sunrise Highway, Baldwin L. I. N. Y.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Thanked 3,850 Times in 1,024 Posts

Thanks Lowmile. I went by what he had just posted. He left out part of it.