Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 11-05-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: 1967 Z/28

[ QUOTE ]
the original motor was not in the car but the owner (an engine builder) claimed to have the original motor in a bag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it was on 06E car and he had Santa Claus bring him the engine for Christmas.

Rick H.

p.s. for you guys with no sense of humor, that's a joke.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

[ QUOTE ]
If I could offer a suggestion...
Can someone from the CRG write Joe a letter?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not something that CRG does or wants to do. That's a slippery slope....
If the owner or buyer wants a certified opinion they should contact a professional like Jerry.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That's not something that CRG does or wants to do. That's a slippery slope....
If the owner or buyer wants a certified opinion they should contact a professional like Jerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I would imagine it would be.
Has this anomaly been documented on the CRG site?
Maybe a blurb somewhere, telling the story about the June 67 cars -
seems like there should be a bunch of examples.

Old 11-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to chime in here. Jon, Kurt and Bill have basically covered all of the issues with this 1967 Z28. This car is real and the stampings are real and original to the car. I have many other original engine stampings that match this one.

Jon and I have been working together now for about 18 years. I started the 1967 Z28 registry in 1988 and Jon Mello joined in to help me with the registry that same year. Over the past 18 years, we have learned a lot and know about many of the production trends with these cars. Many of the cars built in an "E" month, 06E, 03E, etc are usually built during the first week of the next month. In the past, I have done seminars on this topic at the Camaro Nationals explaining this trend in great detail.

During the early 1990's GM of Canada supplied me with most of the 1967 Canadian paperwork for our research. It was during this time that we noticed vin numbers with an 06E trim tag build date were actually assembled during the first week of the next month. GM of Canada gives you the actual assembly date of the vehicle. This information was very important to our research and has helped us break the codes on many drive train issues.

The car that Joe has for sale is a steal at this price. It's a very nice car that needed some minor TLC, and to my knowledge, Joe has taken care of many of these issues.

Thanks,

Jerry@CHP
Old 11-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Yenko Paid Member

Im posting here because the motor questions came up in this thread,im not speaking of this 67Z in particular. My question is for ANY car that is inspected and "certified" by anyone that offers that service. I cant see anyone stating as fact, the originality of a motor with 100% certainty,whether the car has factory paperwork or not.There are many factory unstamped motors w perfect factory broach marks out there in the market,and anything can be properly duplicated to match any car out there. Saying a motor in someones qualified opinion is consistant with others that have been inspected,broach marks appear correct, etc is fine and is normally the type of language used in most inpection processes whether it be cars or baseball signatures,etc. Stating that a motor is guaranteed the original for the car in my opinion is not being realistic.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 PM

Chuck i agree i own a few unstamped orig 512 351 blocks ect done right no one could tell
Old 11-06-2006, 12:16 AM

427King...I have to ask...based on your last post, how do you guarantee the motors you sell are not restamped like in this ad? "Factory MN motors for sale, all are rebuilt,3 have fresh ZERO miles one has 100 miles or so.All are intake to pan w dated 840s. All are original pad stampings. Have the following TO128MN TO512MN TO521MN TO528MN....Remember there are NO restamped ,reground motors here.$18500.00 youre choice,offers accepted ". Please understand I am not accusing you of restamping and my guess is that you have seen enough motors to know a real stamping when you see one, it just seems to contradict the comments you just made concerning appraisers???

I used to own the Z in this post and based on the number of real Z stampings that I have seen and the info that has been shared regarding these cars, I confidently sold it as having the original motor and have no second thoughts about it.

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy
Old 11-06-2006, 12:26 AM

Oh boy. Anybody got any popcorn left? Kim?

Rick H.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM

There is no need for popcorn. I simply wonder how he feels comfortable making guarantees given everything that has been discussed here. He may just feel comfortable enough with his own knowledge and be prepared to refund monies for anything that slips by him some how. No big deal really as I have never heard anyone say that they have bought a restamped part from him and he has sold more hi-po chevy parts than anyone that I know! So there is no need to take offence or to sit and wait for a train wreck

1996 Carrera & 1993 Fat Boy
Old 11-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Yenko Paid Member

Thats a good point,i believe i should word the ads a little bit differently as stated above. As far as how do i guarantee them, i offer a full 100% refund if anyone disagrees with my description ,no questions asked. I also document where and who the motors came from for the next owner, and they are assured that is how i bought the motor[s]. If an appraiser is wrong in his "certification",is he responsible for the 400.00 he charged, or the 50K he cost the new buyer if it is proven the motor was restamped in 1978 for example in the above example???