Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Technical & Restoration

Old 06-21-2005, 10:18 PM

Default SS wheel information?

Do any of you happen to know the current part numbers for the accessories that go with the SS wheels. I have a set of YA SS wheels and I'm looking to get the GM parts to finish them off. The Chevrolet dealer near me has hooked me up with a bunch of other parts during my restoration but they for some reason can't locate these part numbers for me. I'm looking to get everything except the wheels themselves (chrome lug nuts, trim rings, center caps with retainers and screw). I know that a lot of the catalogs have them advertized as GM so they must still be available through the dealers. I'm just trying to save a little cash since the dealer will give me a discount and I won't have to pay shipping. That and I just peeled the wallet open for a brand new set of bias ply tires for them also. I'm getting exitted to get them mounted and on the Camaro. Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciatted. Thanks a ton guys.

Jesse
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-22-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: SS wheel information?

Jesse,

Just a word of friendly advice...I'd use Goodmark's reproduction SS center caps as they're actually closer in appearance to the original "deep center" caps than the "shallow" service replacement parts GM sells today. As for the rings, they're definitely still available from GM, they just use different mounting clips than the original factory installed units. Have your dealer look up an early 80's 14" Cutlass rally wheel application, it should still be in the computer system and they're the same Chevelle/Camaro sport wheel rings you're after. Seems to me the last time I checked they were close to 70 bucks a piece. What kind of bias ply tires are you running?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:34 AM

Thanks a lot for the advice I really appreciate it. I have been shopping around a little for these items and just wanted to make sure to get the good stuff not to mention the correct appearing and still try to save a little cash. How about the lugnuts? Can I still get them from GM or is that a Goodmark item also? As for the tires I picked up a set of Firestone Wide Ovals for them. I think that will add a nice look. I was debating on the Goodyears, but Coker Tires was going to be at a show here in the twin cities this last weekend so I could save some cash on shipping. That and they where a little more reasonable for my current budget. Are you running bias plies on your car? If so which ones and what do you think of them? A friend of mine has had both and said that he like the Firestones a little better. I'm just curious on your opinion.

Jesse
Old 06-22-2005, 01:54 AM

The Firestone Wide Ovals are a nice looking tire, but are not correct for 1969 Chevs as the style of the current repo tire is for 1970 and newer. The 1969 Firestone Wide oval had a different style all together.

I like the Goodyear's better, just my personal opinion.

You might want to try http://www.partszoneonline.com for the trim rings. The part number is 9796919. I ordered a set last year for my SS wheels and they appear to be just like the original, except for the attaching mechanism as noted above. Good luck
Old 06-22-2005, 07:56 PM

gm part # for trim rings
Old 06-23-2005, 04:05 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I really appreciate all the help you have provided for getting me the trim ring part numbers and advice on what to get for the other parts I will be needing. I will be placing my order for all these items today. This wed site and all the people that are a part of it are the best. Thanks again. I will try and post a few pictures once I get them mounted and on the car.

Jesse
Old 06-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,623 Times in 498 Posts

Where are you getting the lugnuts???

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 06-28-2005, 03:33 PM

I ordered the lugnuts from National Parts Depot. A friend of mine has an original numbers matching car with the SS wheels and the lugnuts looked exactly the same. I guess I will see for sure when they show up later this week. Are you looking to get a set for your car? If so I can give you the heads up when they get here and let you know how they look.

Jesse
Old 06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,623 Times in 498 Posts

I would appreciate the feedback. Thanks.

wilma
02 Berger 380hp #95
Lots of L78 Novas
Join National Nostalgic Nova!
70 Orange Cooler
69 Camaro
Old 06-29-2005, 01:30 AM

I just got the lug nuts today. They arrived a little earlier than I thought that they would but anyway. They look good from what I can remember of the lugnuts that where on my friends car they actually look identical. On a side note NPD was also the cheapest of them all (I checked Rick's, Classic Ind., Coker Tire, D&R and Year One). Hopefully that helps you out. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be glad to help.

Jesse