Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 AM

Default Re: An Announcement

Email sent also & it was a nice one!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:02 PM

Email sent!

Like Sammy said, if Fall 08 was Bob's last Vettefest. I am honored that I was able to have a part in it.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Email sent!

Like Sammy said, if Fall 08 was Bob's last Vettefest. I am honored that I was able to have a part in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

same here Darren......glad i was part of it......

i sent an email as well.............................

i just heard of news that Bob Ashton was "let go" by Championship Autoshows. i think that was a HUGE mistake !! i used to bring my cars in the late 80's and vowed that i would never bring a car again to the Vettefest or World Of Wheels. it was run by complete idiots and it was the same cars every year so i stopped going. i have gone to the last 6 shows and can say that the cars that have been brought are nothing but amazing. Bob had asked me to bring my cars to the past fall show and i was very hesitant but he assured me that the show has changed in every aspect. i didnt bring one car, i brought 3 cars. not to mention the family and friends that heard that our cars were going to be there and paid the admission to get in. i can truly say that it was the best show i have ever entered. from the numerous emails and updates to the show itself. it was just as Bob had promised. i have gotten my boys involved with cars and not only did they have fun, Bob made them feel like one of the big boys. that speaks volumes in itself about Bob. after all, the kids that are growing up now are the ones that will be restoring / racing and showing these cars in the future. we all spend tons of time and money on these cars , not only for our own satisfaction but for EVERYONE to see and enjoy. Bob is the man responsible for getting these cars together for just that. there were over 100 cars that my club brought to Vettefest this past fall and all made possible by Bob and Vicki. they were not your average street cars either. they were the most sought after cars in the world, from Yenko's , Copo's, Baldwin Motion, to early racecars with great history. not to mention, 2 special showcases with hi horsepower Novas and probably the best Z/28 display ever assembled under one roof !! again, all made possible by Bob and Vicki. i know that this will not change anything, but i know for sure that i will never participate / attend another show put on by Championship Autoshows without Bob and Vicki. they were the show. good luck
sincerely, jeff morocco
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM

I posted the link on NastyZ28 and Camaros.net as I know that there are many members there who have enjoyed the show that Bob has put on..
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM

E-mail sent. I hope they get the message.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
E-mail sent. I hope they get the message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto !!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm Bob's son, Ian. Its really awesome to see the support from you guys - Whoever said that my dad ran CVF (and all of of his shows) as if they were his own hit the nail right on the head. 7 days a week, day or night my dad poured his heart in to every event he ran, and from the shows that I was able to attend it was a definate tangable improvement. Even in events where the (B.S.) politics damn near prohibited the events success (see Chicago WoW) he still perservered and put in his all.

It's just not worth it to bad mouth C.A.S.I. - as much as I'd like to. This is just the tip of the iceberg with them. The only phrase I have to describe the way things opperate with them is "asleep at the wheel"
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 4,422 Times in 650 Posts

Thanks for chiming in Ian. The internet is amazing sometimes.

I've never met your dad and have never attended one of his shows, but after reading all of these posts, I wish I had!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

I'm Bob's son, Ian. Its really awesome to see the support from you guys - Whoever said that my dad ran CVF (and all of of his shows) as if they were his own hit the nail right on the head. 7 days a week, day or night my dad poured his heart in to every event he ran, and from the shows that I was able to attend it was a definate tangable improvement. Even in events where the (B.S.) politics damn near prohibited the events success (see Chicago WoW) he still perservered and put in his all.

It's just not worth it to bad mouth C.A.S.I. - as much as I'd like to. This is just the tip of the iceberg with them. The only phrase I have to describe the way things opperate with them is "asleep at the wheel"

[/ QUOTE ]

1966 Chevy Caprice 427-390
2012 Chevy Camaro RS Convertible]

Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

I'll make this VERY simple, Bob Ashton is VF. SCW showcased the Novas this year, but is was Bob who made it work. I pitched the idea, and he ran with it. VF has made a HUGE mistake dropping the ball on this show. VF is off of our "to do list" as of right now. And trust me on this one, the entire East Coast sYc membership will never again travel to the Chicago VF. I would imagine in sYc numbers alone, that would effect @100 cars....Fill that gap with interesting cars bean counters..BKH..
Old 02-03-2009, 12:10 AM

WHAT HE SAID X 2 ... KP