Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Worst buying or selling decision!!

Here is a funny{long}one.I cant seem to let go I guess.I first saw my firebird back in 1988 when a freind drove it into our high school auto shop class.I owned my 67 cutlass at the time.We all worked on the bird,and eventually it got sold to another friend of mine.I worked on it for him while I was cruising around in my 73 Camaro.He sold it to another friend and it disappeared for a while.Eventually we ended up splitting a garage,and the car sat along side my 73 Camaro for a while Eventually I gave up on finishing the Camaro and he wanted to sell the bird.I bought it and put all my stuff in it,that was back in 1994.I built it up blew it up and built it up some more,then in 1997 I decided to sell it.I put it in the want add and had no takers,but some guy wanted to trade me a really souped up GSXR 1100 drag bike,and I took the bait.He was getting marroed and his wife didnt want to be a widow so the bike had to go.I had the bike for 6 months and couldnt figure out if I liked it or not.The guy I swapped with called me one day and asked me something about the car,one ting led to another and by the end of the conversation we had swapped back.This car has become my signiture ride,and as much as I wished I had built my Camaro instead{Oh man the temptation to hang the Camaro metal on it}.I think I have a keeper here.The Camaro is turning into the project that never ends,but maybe someday I will relieve my youth in that car as a restored ride.

Here is the twisted part.Of all my friends who owned it the car only ran for about a month during all that time.I had a huge falling out with the first kid and in an act of revenge I poured a coffee can full of Speedi Dri down the carb one day during break in shop class.The engine ate itself up and the car was pushed around for the next 5 years.So in a way I was the car's demise and its saver.I guess this really is MY car.