Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Lounge

Old 09-10-2018, 08:51 PM

looks great, Dave!!!!! Cant wait to see the finished product!! Congrats!

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White/white with black,4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac, flip headlights

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, safe t track, flip headlights, 3.55's, ps and radio.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,154 Posts

This is freakin awesome Dave. Really happy for you and your wife. You are just 4.5 hours away (3 if I take the turbocharged Bimmer) from me. Can't wait to hear the full story. Curious if you found a used paint booth. I have bid on a couple, but they always bring more than I am willing to spend.

Keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
This is freakin awesome Dave. Really happy for you and your wife. You are just 4.5 hours away (3 if I take the turbocharged Bimmer) from me. Can't wait to hear the full story. Curious if you found a used paint booth. I have bid on a couple, but they always bring more than I am willing to spend.

Keep us posted.

never heard of these booths until yesterday, when a buddy told me about them. Doesn't seem bad for an occasional paint job, and you wouldn't permanently loose garage space
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26x13x10Ft-...IAAOSwh81bdVQ~
70 340 Dart Swinger
70 SS396 Chevelle 4spd
70 SS396 Chevelle
70 BB 4spd Monte Carlo
70 SS454 Monte Carlo
71 SB 4spd Monte Carlo
71 SS454 Monte Carlo
71 Corvette LS-5 conv.
71 Corvette LT-1 conv.
71 Corvette LS-6 coupe
72 Monte Carlo
72 Monte Carlo Custom
72 442 W-30 clone
76 Trans Am SE 455 4 spd
85 Mustang GT Conv.
86 Grand National
02 SS conv.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:43 PM

Dave
I am curious how you got the overhead shot of your creative grass mowing?
Drone?

Or

"this is your captain Dave,we are doing a detour today from our usual flight plan to conduct a low flyover a part of Texas"
Houston ATC" You are off course by 500 miles"
68 Camaro Z28,Corvette Bronze,Houndstooth
www.vancouverclassiccars.com
Old 09-11-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
Dave
I am curious how you got the overhead shot of your creative grass mowing?
Drone?

Or

"this is your captain Dave,we are doing a detour today from our usual flight plan to conduct a low flyover a part of Texas"
Houston ATC" You are off course by 500 miles"
He’s a pilot! I’m sure he just took a minor deviation from his last approach in order to get that shot.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:17 PM

Dave would make a great neighbor. Always something interesting happening at his place
Old 09-13-2018, 02:59 AM
Yenko Advertising Member

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,136 Posts

Ha! Thanks, men! This is such a dream of ours and I can't wait to have everything in the backyard.

Lynn.... come on down! Your BMW expertise will be needed for the 507 build and i'm sure there may bea photo op in there somewhere!

As for the aerial shot.....it's just a matter of opposite aileron and rudder called a "slip" and a massive wing down movement' "Whooooaaa...sorry ladies and gentlepeeps... looks like a little unexpected turbulence! You know, that one I always tell you about on my announcement and you never listen to? We know you have a choice of airlines, and looks like today you chose the wrong one"

Actually....it was a drone, and it was shot by our neighbor across the community. A cool thing for the scrapbook!

More updates next week in regards to the paint booth, shop, barn, and such educational films as: "Cactus, your thorny friend." And "Hotwire: good for more than just animal fencing!"

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-24-2018, 12:58 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

In continuing on with the Rancho-del-Molnario documentary, saga, and reality show, last week saw two major milestones: an RV on property and an 80% completed wellhouse structure up! While Kelly was out mowing the pastures, I grabbed my sketched out plans and set forth to build my wellhouse/lawn shed. After numerous trips to the hardware store to get stuff I didn't need but bought anyway, the last trip finally put the stuff I needed in the first place in the bed of the truck! So I was off and running once I got home. Then it rained, and rained..... and rained. But when the sun came out, I set out to build the wellhousiest wellhouse around!

Now, the idear here is to follow building codes, put stuff 16" on center, make stuff level, and square up edges. But that's easy. I mean, then stuff fits correctly on the first go. What's really challenging is having to cut every piece individually since nothing lines up, isn't remotely level, and square? HA! Yeah....square. Anywho, doing that easily adds another few days to the build. And we all have extra free time and most importantly, love gambling with the fact that you've avoided personal injury so far that surely the longer the build goes on with point things the less chance there will be to get scraped/cut/bruised/slashed/bashed.... right? RIGHT

Moving on, you'll notice that the foundation was built around the well and tank. All of that will be moved over to the section that's floored once they install the filters/ softeners and then I'll come back and finish off the open section. That part will also be covered and insulated for the winter. We get freezes here, but it doesn't last like Northern climates do. So as long as it's insulated, no heater necessary.

The final result is a base structure that's in primer awaiting the final exterior trim, windows, paint, and stone. I'll be doing a metal roof too. More to come with such memorable moments as "What was that old saying? Measure once, cut until it fits? " and "5/16ths is about half of a half, right? "

Cheers
Dave
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Yenko Advertising Member

I deviated from the original design a little, mainly with the door size. Originally the zero turn mower was going in there but then decided to just keep that in the barn. So a smaller door was perfect.

And since we're in the country, and in Redneckville, I decided to use that pick-em-up truck as the extra ladder extension I needed! Does that picture belong in the "You can't make this up" thread!?!

Headed up this week to hopefully put the final trim on!!

More to come...

Cheers
Dave
Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 PM

Thanked 1,110 Times in 632 Posts

So you are not only extremely talented at car restorations, but you can also do construction work, and you are pretty good at writing and it seems like you can also fly an airplane fairly well. Is there anything that you can't do?