Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Yenko Chevrolet

Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 PM

Default 69 yellow Yenko from VA.

I'm looking for any info for a 69 Yellow Yenko camaro from VA. My father owned the car from 82 to 85. It was blue at that time. Sold it to a guy in Hampton, who then did a 85% resto on it. He then sold it to someone up north. Last word was car went to the west coast. Car was 4sp,ps 711 int. I'm trying to find more info from old papers, such as vin etc.. Trying to locate car. Iknow it's not alot of info, but if anyone can help it would be great. thanks
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 05-22-2008, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 69 yellow Yenko from VA.

Was it sold from Colonial in Norfolk, VA? Were the rear wheel well lips rolled? If so I am friends with the original owner, Harry W. He owned it until around 1974 when he started a family. He told me the original wheels and carb were stolen one night.

Harry has tried to keep track of it over the years and wanted to buy it back in the 90's but never got the opportunity when it changed hands. Last Harry mentioned it was with a doctor or dentist in Harrisburg PA.

Harry also said that is was at one of the first Super Car reunions.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:48 AM

I'm not sure if it was a Colonial car or not. I was young and to dumb at the time to research it. I found the car in 82, sitting in the backyard here in chesapeake. The owner at that time had it for about 2 yrs. He said he parked it because it idled to rough for him. At that time the car was blue. The black yenko stripes were visible in the door jambs. The original emblems were in a box in the trunk. before this guy, the car was in williamsburg. I beleive the rear wheel wells were rolled over. The guy we sold it to in Hampton, painted, cleaned the motor, and put a set of rallyrims on it. A couple of years later we called him, and he stated he had sold to the car to a doctor in PA. sorry for being so long winded. I really regret selling the car.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:51 AM

John YesI plan on trying to go to the suffolk raceway reunion. I look you up.