Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 PM

Default For Sale 70 V-Code Road Runner

For Sale: 1970 Plymouth Road Runner. I am posting this to help a friend. This is a V-Code 440-6 pack Road Runner with an automatic transmission and 8 ¾ Rear. This car is documented with it’s Build sheet and original fender tag. Every option that you see is either listed on the build sheet or the fender tag. The engine is numbers matching and the transmission is a factory warranty replacement that is the correct 440-6 pack part number. This is quite rare since most people do not know that there was a specific part number for a 440-6 727 transmission. The transmission was replaced by the dealer early in the cars life and the date code supports this. The 8 ¾ rear and the 440-6 Engine are the correct born with drive train components that this car left the factory with. The options on this car include power steering, power disc brakes, Air grabber hood, Rallye gauges, Automatic transmission, 8 ¾ sure grip axle, rallye wheels, hood pins and the rare V-Code option.

This rare high impact lemon twist Road Runner is a Canadian Export car and was an executive lease vehicle. This Road Runner has not been fully restored, it has had one repaint and a detailed cleaning of the underside and a detailing of the engine compartment. It has spent most of its life in Canada until about six years ago when the present owner purchased it. The trunk pan was replaced and it is believed that the car has had the lower quarters replaced. The vin numbers are present on the core support and the driver’s side trunk rail. The floors and unibody are in excellent condition with no issues. The paint is not perfect but it is very presentable, it would do well at local car shows and cruise nights. Any flaws or imperfections will be photgraphed and sent to any interested party. Other then the repaint and the body work described above this car is unmolested and retains all of its original options and appears as it was delivered from the factory in 1970.

As one can see this a very nice example of a high impact color V-Code Road Runner. This car runs and drives flawlessly and can be driven anywhere with no issues or worries. As stated above this is not my car and I am posting it for a friend, I have known this car since he has owned it. I will be happy to provide more detailed pictures and part numbers to any interested party via e-mail upon request. Please feel free to contact me at 267-879-5388 and I will answer any questions that you may have. If I cannot answer any question, I will contact the owner and respond to you in a timely fashion.
The asking price for this V-Code RoadRunner is $45,000 O.B.O.
Thanks for the Ad SYC.
Mike

Old 08-04-2008, 09:23 PM

Default Re: For Sale 70 V-Code Road Runner

Interior shot

Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,139 Posts

I've always loved that year bodystyle &amp; especially that color on it.
Nice Car.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:26 PM

I have received requests to see more pictures of the Road Runner. Specifically the documentation. I have contacted the owner and he will provide me with pictures of the buildsheet, fender tag and better over all pictures. Please be patient as this is not my car and I do not have immediate access to it. The owner is open to any reasonable offer.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Here are some more pictures as you can see from the Build sheet and fender tag the car is as it was ordered when new. This is a good opportunity to own a real V-code Road Runner for a fair price. I have been pestering the owner to get some better pictures the car is at an off site storage location and he has been very busy with work.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Dang, that's a VERY nice B-Body, try throwing it out on MOPARTS as well... it's priced well for what it is.

Good luck with the sale!
71 340 Duster / 69 Road Runner Convertible
Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Bump, $39,000 buys this car
Old 10-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Hello Mike,
I was talking to Tony Hemi about this car. Is it still available? I had a similar car when I was 19. It was also a numbers matching FY1 but was a 4 speed console, Super Track Pak and also an N96 car. I am weighing my options between a 70 Six Barrel car and a 70 convertible. Perhaps we could discuss it if it is still for sale? I can leave you my number as well. It is 215-971-5831. Any information would be great!

Thanks,
Jim-