Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,603 Posts
Default Re: Rand Workman Friday update

Bill,

------A friend and I were just talking about Kruses lack of interest in this auction. It occured to us that maybe they didnt want to suck any bidders away from Auburn the week before. It is also possible that the dealers (absolutely posatively necessary for a successful auction) had simply had enough after the Auburn mayhem and went home to get some rest. From thier angle they felt as if they had to go to Auburn which is a known entity, but would pass on R/W simply because enough is enough. Just a thought..........Bill S
Old 09-12-2005, 08:04 PM

Being that this is their first auction, did they contact the owners and promise them high bids just to get a collection in there that bidders would be atracted to?. So owners put unrealistic reserves on them just to see?. 4m for a hemi convert sounds like a fabulous bid, but yet it did'nt sell???, i don't think alot of these owners were serious about selling their cars. Did the guy really expect 2m for a 4dr hemi?.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:08 PM

I think the location had alot to do with it, who wants to go to NYC, fight traffic or stay in a $600.00 dollar a night hotel and wonder if a plane is going to attack them, NYC still has some major scars from 9/11...also having it on the anniversary weekend of the attacks didnt help it much. It will take along time before people put that past them. I know from talking to the people on the Island here alot of them moved here or live here on weekends and cant wait to leave the city on Friday afternoon.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did the guy really expect 2m for a 4dr hemi?.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its like selling your house and getting a bad realtor, they will tell you what you want to hear to get the listing, then you wonder why nobody is looking at your house. Anything you sell is only worth what somebody wants to pay. The rarer or more unique it is, the harder it is to price and sell.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:36 AM

Can someone fill me in, I was at the auction and did not see the "Motion Chevelle" was it there and if so what did it bid up to and did it sell?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:14 AM

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I saw the car there but never saw it hit the auction area. I would imagine that we probably wont see the auction results posted on their website as it would be too embarrassing a result. Here's the cars: https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat...0&fpart=all
Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 PM

The best part of the auction was meeting Enoch in the bidder section. 12bolt in the coral and watching NJSteve drive all these great cars!! Patrick