Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - United States

Old 11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,118 Times in 329 Posts
Default Re: ZL1 # 48 coming to Barrett-Jackson

So, are you saying that the image detection software liked or didn't like the nines @ 99% probability? Hard to believe that it would like them.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:48 PM

O.K. Now I am seeing the problems. The 9 on the pencil tracing is definatly not the same,but the funny thing is that both of my 9's and his 9 on his real tag are the same. I have seem numbers located up and down out of line on many tags. I see that on both my real tag and pencil trace,the #1 looks to be offset to the left edge of the block for that digit. His isn't on either the tracing or real tag. I don't know the reason why the #1 on his looks to be higher in the tracing then on the tag,I know the pencil has to be run at different angles to get all the digits completely,so I wonder if trying to trace at the top left corner put him at an awkward angle. I know that mine looks much more accurate from tag to trace,and mine is very hard to get to because it is behind a bar on a roll cage and is sunk into the dash on what seems to be a lightly acid dipped car. My pencil was definitely much duller then his,and mine looks mire like somebody rubbed some kind of carbon over the paper,but it is in fact pencil. I cant explain much other then the 9's and the spacing of the first digit seem off on his. I know nothing about his car,so don't think that I have any bias here,I just like to help on these issues.

As for my tag,it is for my 70 race car that I am trying to find he history on,and I have the VIN all over the internet,so I figured I was the person who would not care about sharing pictures.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:57 PM

The funny thing is that despite the obvious differences between his tag and trace,his tag looks authenic by comparison when compared to mine,and his trace is the odd duck out. I don't know why somebody would make a fake trace when they have a perfectly good tag to trace. My opinion is that there is nothing to make me think that his tag is fake. I would accept it as real based on font and letter spacing. I do own 3 Norwood built 2nd Gens and one LA built later 2nd gen and probably have owned another 20 on top of that.Just my $.02. Like I said,I have no skin in this and don't know the car or the guy in any way. Just trying to help.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:46 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, are you saying that the image detection software liked or didn't like the nines @ 99% probability? Hard to believe that it would like them. </div></div>

99% probability that they are not the same
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM

This is a very interesting discussion, I have access to a atomic particle identification laser machine and I had the offending VIN pictures analyzed and the results are very surprizing. It appears that in both rubbing photos a normal lead pencil was NOT used to make the rubbings. Until we find out what type of pencils were used we will never know if the &quot;9&quot;s are real or not!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:02 PM

That's pretty interesting.......I've never heard of assessing atomic particles within the contents of imagery...........you must have both physical rubbings in your possession in order to assess atomic particles. Perhaps your Flux Capacitor needs a tune up?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:27 PM

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,174 Posts

Great Scott Marty!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:07 PM

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CgFBSDoXW5s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CgFBSDoXW5s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
Old 02-05-2014, 01:40 AM

Thanked 3,689 Times in 997 Posts

Oh great...
Old 02-10-2014, 11:26 PM

No replies to this? Darn.

Jason