Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 06-10-2003, 09:09 PM

Default 1970 Baldwin Motion Nova

I think I have a motion car. I know I have to talk to Joel to get it documented, but I was wondering if any of you out there know anyhing about the options on a Baldwin car that I might be able to look for.
Now the car does have old, decreped what looks to be like Motion stickers on both back quarter windows, and the previous owner said it had a fiberglass hood with a "wierd looking scoop" on it. he tossed it because it was ruined.
If anyone knows anything please Help. I'd hate to spend $1500 and loose it. Thanks <font color="blue"> </font> [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 06-10-2003, 11:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy
Default Re: 1970 Baldwin Motion Nova

post some pics if you can.
Old 06-11-2003, 12:25 AM

As 55CHEVY said -----------pictures
There are some parts special to early PhaseIII cars,but unless you have some hard documentation ,in the end it will be just educated speculation.You might have no choice, other than to spend the fee to check the VIN.#. But I also would like to see pictures.

Old 06-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Don't forget that all the Motion items were available via mail order. Other than some old stickers and a hood what else leads you to that conclusion? If the car did not start life as an SS 396-375 hp car your chances are even slimmer. If it checks out to be a factory L-78 car and spent time on the east coast then it might be worth the $1,500. Good luck and let us know what you find out. You never know.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:05 PM

Some other reasons I think this is a Baldwin car is because it originated in New York, and when the previous owner talked to Joel about it, Joel asked if it was for sale. the car is a factory SS 396, and still has the 396 in it, numbers matching. I don't know If I have the one that "slipped through the cracks" or if I have just a regular SS. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]
Yhat's why I'm hoping to get help from anyone that knows anything. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2003, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yhat's why I'm hoping to get help from anyone that knows anything. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
My grandfather use to tell me "He knew a little something about everything" ------ Smart man,---unfortunately he's no longer with us,SOOOOOOO , I'll give it a shot----
[ 1 ]----solid documentation
[ 2 ]---- pictures [ entire car ]
[ 3 ]----try to find out what the owner &amp; Joel Rosen
talked about
[ 4 ]---- as COPO said, any of these parts
could be installed or ordered thru the
mail
[ 5 ]----LAST --- pay fee for verification

Of course this entire conversation is as always - IN MY OPINION- and should not be tried at home. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously though, I[ maybe someone else can ] can't tell you what you want/need to hear-----It is a Motion Car---, with the limited information you provided. : [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]

Old 06-12-2003, 08:04 PM

Well, i talked to Joel today, With the information I have and what my fiance's dad told me (he is a man with a plethora of information on classic automobiles) I am going to take some pictures and send in the money and VIN to Joel. What the hell... right. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 09:44 PM

Well, if this is the only way to be sure of verification, smart choice--I'M sure you could have thought of better ways to spend $1500, but better to be sure now, than to sink more money into the car under the ASSUMPTION, that it is possibly a B/M-MOTION car.---- NOT TO SAY THAT IT'S NOT A GREAT CAR TO RESTORE ANYWAY!!!! --IMO.--Good Luck--I for one would like to see pictures[ if possible] no matter what the outcome.Like COPO said--you never know. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

By the way PLETHORA is as good as it gets. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2003, 02:14 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

You mentioned the car has a matching # 396 in it now. Are you saying the car's partial VIN is stamped in the 396 block? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2003, 02:46 AM

You know COPO , a light-bulb just went on when you mentioned matching numbers on the block &amp; vin plate. In the Motion web site it is mentioned , there was only one PhaseIII L-78 built----MAD MIKE said supposedly it was a 1970.I have a '69 PhaseIII L-78 B/M Chevelle. Now unless Mike got the dates mixed up??? TWO--ONE??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif[/img]