Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > Baldwin-Motion Performance

Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Default Motion Nova????

I can't understand why this car hasn't been bought. It seems like the real deal? Why won't Joel tell what cars he converted. All the yenko numbers are published?

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=212785
Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,378 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Motion Nova????

Probably hasn't sold because the seller keeps talking about his letter from Joel but won't say what the letter states.

That's like saying, &quot;I got a letter from the IRS this year&quot;. Buy it from me and I'll tell you what it says. [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/naughty.gif[/img] It could be a refund check or a notification that you're being audited.

Joel gets paid to document his cars. You don't just &quot;call him up&quot; for info, like the seller keeps telling people to do. You would have to pay him for his response, positive or negative. It would be the same fee you'd pay if you owned the car and was documenting whether it was an original Motion built car or a later modified car, or a clone.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't understand why this car hasn't been bought....... </div></div>

the seller has a Masters degree in vague. (Magna Cum Laude)

*very glad we have the posted price rule in our classifieds, and courteous members that post pictures of the actual car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2012, 01:57 AM

Masters degree in b.s .Don,t even waste your time or $$$$ on this guy ....
Old 10-22-2012, 04:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to 55chevy Send a message via AIM to 55chevy Send a message via Yahoo to 55chevy

I'll come out of retirement to comment on this... This Dan P. guy is the biggest talker with no backup I've ever seen over the years.. And I mean YEARS.. According to him nobody knows more about this stuff but reality is there are many that do. .. Everything is &quot;I have this I have that&quot; &quot;I seen this I seen that&quot; &quot;I know this guy blah blah&quot; &quot;I have pictures of.. blah blah blah...&quot; and it's always an excuse when visual proof is asked for.. always. I'm sure if you asked Joel about this guy and this car he would cough..and smile...
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

Ed
55Chevy
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: x Baldwin Motion</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonL78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't understand why this car hasn't been bought....... </div></div>

the seller has a Masters degree in vague. (Magna Cum Laude)

*very glad we have the posted price rule in our classifieds, and courteous members that post pictures of the actual car [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/rolleyes.gif[/img] </div></div> I havent seen any pics of this &quot;So called Nova&quot; anyone have any to post ?????
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM

This is the same guy who lists a BV rear end as a COPO rear end trying to swinidle some unsuspecting buyer into it.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/3345554600.html

Here is his L78 Nova ad on craislist.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3345104932.html
Old 10-22-2012, 02:56 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 55chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll come out of retirement to comment on this... This Dan P. guy is the biggest talker with no backup I've ever seen over the years.. And I mean YEARS.. According to him nobody knows more about this stuff but reality is there are many that do. .. Everything is &quot;I have this I have that&quot; &quot;I seen this I seen that&quot; &quot;I know this guy blah blah&quot; &quot;I have pictures of.. blah blah blah...&quot; and it's always an excuse when visual proof is asked for.. always.
[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/bs.gif[/img]

Ed
55Chevy

</div></div>

I know someone like that in se Michigan, Terry O'Kxxxx

I went to high school with him and he has just gotten worse over the years.

IF he actually has a car it is a shadow of what it once was (read rusted into the ground or PART of a car) yet he wants what a fully restored NICE car goes for for his pos

I guess they are all over [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]

edit: I just read the cl post for a 68 Nova, wow! anyone know what &quot;cowel&quot; means? &lt;wink&gt;

The cl ad talks more about stuff he owned 30 years ago than it does about some Chevy II with the wrong engine ... lots of !!!!! and all caps with no space between the sentences. Very hard to read IMHO

Old 10-22-2012, 04:26 PM

Wow…. I talk with Dan from time to time he is a 68 Nova guy like me. All my experiences with him over the phone have been good. I never dealt with him in person. He had told me about the car years ago and didn’t realize he was trying to sell it until recently.

I don’t follow the Baldwin Motion screen and didn’t realize you had to pay for proof that they converted a car. So it all comes down to what Joel says in a letter that states: Motion actually did modify or convert a certain car when you have no original paper work? Is that how it works?

When a car is certified by Joel does it come with any sort of certification of what work was done for the original owner of the car? If you don’t know who the original owner was?

The way I understand it is:
A bullet proof motion car is a receipt of what work was done to a certain car from motion to the original owner? Just trying to understand this correctly?

Guys I am not looking to bad mouth anyone just wondering if this could be the real deal. If it is, it is way out of my league anyway. It would truly be a very unique find.

For some odd reason the 68 nova just don’t get the creditability they deserve. In 1968 they had multiple limited production motor option nova’s. Most of them were bought to get raced and abused. But they just don’t seem to hold their ground for value. It seems that way for most of the 1968 GM cars.
Just my 2 cents sorry to bring up a negative subject..

Old 10-22-2012, 05:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to 74NovaSS Send a message via AIM to 74NovaSS Send a message via Yahoo to 74NovaSS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Craigslist Ad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SUPER RARE BIG BLOCK NOVA SS FACTORY DESIREABLE 4 SPEED-410 POSI - $35000 (PROFRSSIONAL FRAME OFF-CALIFORNIA CAR!)

THIS IS A SUPER RARE CAR THAT GM MADE BACK IN 1968!THIS WAS THE DESIREABLE FACTORY 4 SPEED CAR WHICH GM SOLD 617 OF.FACTORY Ll78'S WITH 4 SPEEDS SOLD WERE THE CAR OF CHOICE NOW AND BACK IN 1969/1968!THIS IS THE &quot;ONLY&quot; 1968 CHEVY II NOVA SS396/375HP 4 SPEED STREET/STRIP 410 GEAR CAR THAT SURVIVED WITH ITS CALIFORNIA BLACK LICENSE PLATES!! THEY WERE PUT ON THIS CAR WHEN IT SOLD NEW AT CHASE CHEVROLET IN STOCKTON CALIFORNIA.I HAVE CALIFORNIA DOCS TO BACK THIS UP WITH THESE CBLP'S! I ALSO HAVE CALIFORNIA OWNERSHIP DOCS! I HAVE THE ORIGINAL BUILD SHEET WITH OPTION CODES.CAR WAS BUILT ON 7/11/1968 BY BUILD SHEET.CAR IS 07B ON COWEL TAG---TR 740 BLUE CUSTOM BUCKET SEAT INTERIOR---PNT L L 1968 COLOR ONLY TEAL BLUE!THE ORIGINAL L78 396/375HP BLOCK IS IN A 1969 CORVETTE IN STOCKTON CALIFORNIA.I BUILT A CUSTOM BUILT HAND PICKED PARTS 427 L88 GM ALUMINUM HEAD MOTOR THAT WAS BALANCED ALONG WITH THE FLYWHEEL,3 FINGER BORG/BECK PRESSURE AND CLUTCH SET UP.MOTOR NEVER RUNS HOTTER THEN 190 EVEN ON THE HOTTEST DAYS AND HOLDS A CONSTANT 45LBS OF OIL PRESSURE AT IDLE.THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY VERY FEW &quot;BORN WITH GM SHEETMETAL GM PANEL 1968 NOVA SS396 CARS&quot;.I DID DETAILED PHOTOGRAPH DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I HAD THE CAR PROFESSIONALLY RESTORED IN PA.CAR GETS CONSTANT THUMBS UP AND SMILES FROM ON LOOKERS EVERYTIME OUT!! VERY FEW OF THESE 4 SPEED 1968 NOVA SS396 CARS SURVIVED AND THIS IS 1 OF 3 KNOWN SPECIAL FACTORY ORDERED 410 GEAR POSI CARS SAME GEAR RATIO GM PICKED FOR THE 1969 COPO 427/425HP CAMAROS!IF YOU DO NOT KNOW 68 SS396 NOVAS BRING YOUR EXPERTS TO DO YOUR INSPECTION.YOU MAY ALSO BRING YOUR 396 427 EXPERT MECHANICS TO INSPECT THIS AWESOME 427 L88 BUILT WITH A MECHANICAL CAM 630 LIFT!THIS CAR SOUNDS SOOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!! I'M 55 YEARS YOUNG AND INTO 396 427 CAMARO AND NOVA SS CARS SINCE 1974 THATS OVER 38 YEARS AGO.I OWNED A 1969 COPO 427/425HP M22 410 CAMARO BACK IN 1975.IN 1979 IT BECAME &quot;THE BLUE MULE&quot; WHICH HAS A LONG THREAD ON YENKO.NET SITE.KEN S FROM IOWA RESTORED THAT CAR.THAT CAR WAS 353005 BDY X-11 OPTIONED MALCHOM KONNERS CHEVROLET PARAMUS NJ.IT IS ONE OF THE RAREST OPTIONED COPOS FOUND BECAUSE ITS THE &quot;ONLY&quot; ONE WITH A DELUXE BLUE COMFORTWEAVE INTERIOR TO BE FOUND.IT LOOKS AWESOME WITH THE FACTORY LEMANS BLUE PAINT THE CAR CAME WITH.YOU WANT A CAR VERY VERY VERY FEW HAVE SEEN HERES YOUR CHANCE!! I HAVE ALL RECEIPTS ON ENGINE PARTS AND WORK AT THE KNOWN MACHINE SHOP I TOOK IT TO IN ALLENTOWN PA.I HAVE A HIDDEN CD PLAYER TO PLAY YOUR ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC WHILE GOING THRU THE GEARS IN THIS BADASS NOVA!!I'M HOME MOST OF THE TIME.CALL MY LANDLINE AT{TWO ONE FIVE--FIVE THREE SIX--SEVEN SEVEN THREE ZERO}ASK FOR DAN,THANKS!+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++SEARCH WORDS nova chevyII chevy2 chevelle 427 SS camaro L88 corvette L79 L78 L48 L72 LS6 Muncie 4 speed M22 M21 12 Bolt BE BV 410 Rear Cragar SS Mags Ansen Slots Vertex mag cable tach N50 tires Delco Super Lift air shocks NMW tow tabs tow bar Wallace Chevrolet Linden NJ Lakewood traction bars

</div></div>