Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Supercars/Musclecars-For Sale

Please note

Old 10-08-2002, 07:07 PM

Default Re: 1966 Yenko Stinger for sale

Stefano
You have more info about <font color="orange">2 Hugger Orange (4 total possible) .
</font color>
Old 10-08-2002, 08:17 PM
SCR Sponsor

Lets see: Walks like a duck, talks like a Duck ,looks like a duck but Runs like a Yenko, therefore must be a COPO.

Has the same father and mother, but considered a Bastared since it was not conceived on a certain , radio active piece of Pa soil.
Old 10-08-2002, 08:31 PM

I wouldn't necessarily take the "22" number to heart. Also in the estate document, Don mentions something like 500 Camaros, 350 Deuces...those numbers are from memory, but all the numbers he mentioned were WAY high.

Dad, feel free to correct me on the numbers above...
Old 10-08-2002, 09:04 PM
SCR Sponsor

We all have a good idea on why the 500 #.

You have an estate document written by Don's own hand which states 350 Deuces, please share.

If Don had stated 1 or 100 wouldn't make a difference to corroborate that the event actually took place and that he had knowledge of it. No one can say it was done without his knowledge. It just happens that Jack Douglass had been Quoting the "25" Number for many years prior to the estate document ever having been revealed.

A reasonable person could be confident that Don didn't just pull the "22" out of a hat and his memory at the proximity to when he wrote the document would not be the same as it was in 1987 for a casual magazine interview. He didn't even refer to notes.

I beleive that we may be are starting to mix a fresh estate document(late 1969?) with a much later magazine interview/article.

When was the 'estate" document dated by the way?
Old 10-08-2002, 09:05 PM

Yes, Mr. Clary we have not heard from you about this since about 75 posts ago! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

By the way have we broken a post record yet? [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

So Marlin, if you were presented with a formal agreement between Douglass &amp; Yenko, would you then concede, with all the other evidence, that the Douglass cars should be considered Yenkos?
Old 10-08-2002, 09:27 PM

As I stated when I quoted the document, it was dated "September 19, 1969". Also, why the #500? Why the #350? Being as this article was being written for a magazine article, and that the other numbers are inflated, whose to say Don didn't "embelish" a little with the #22? And, I may be reading too much into it, but it almost sounds like he's bragging about it being "advantageous" for Douglass to use the stripes/emblems to "enhance retailing the merchandise." This was for a magazine article, so he had to make it sound good to the readers! [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2002, 09:39 PM

Mike;
Only if the wording of the agreement clearly states that Yenko was using Douglas as a subcontractor to modify cars on his behalf, and that Yenko had inventory sheets of these cars that Douglas was modifying. This agreement would be dated in '69 and signed by both Jack and Don, similar to the agreement with Colonial Chev. and Josh Darden. Then I would understand this arrangement to be similar to the Bill Thomas / Nickey arrangement, or the Harrell / Yenko arrangement.

A document like this would prove that there was a deal between the two, but I'm still not positive that I would consider them Yenko cars because I'm still hung up on Yenko cars having Yenko Chev. on the MSO/NICB paperwork.

You have me thinking harder though, [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif[/img] I can't just take verbal recollection at face value, if I did, and I purchased a Douglas car, I don't know that I could afford to be wrong - you know what I mean? I look at it from the perspective that I may only have one chance to buy a 427 Yenko supercar, and I don't want any doubt as to it's heritage. Other guys have a little (or a lot) more 'flexibility' in that area. I would have trouble sleeping at night wondering/doubting my purchase, if I had just spent that much money.

67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 10-08-2002, 09:45 PM
SCR Sponsor

Ok I'll play the Devil's advocate.

Jack Douglass Direct ordered COPOs to sell as Yenkos. Don Yenko and Yenko Sports Cars ,Inc. were not aware of the situation in 1969 and they never found out either. The parts department at Yenko Chevy was ready for a clone Rush as they thought nothing of sending Jack 22 or so stripe kits without question.

Don Yenko was wealthy beyond anyones imagination and the royalties from the sale of Jack's cars meant nothing to him or his family.

Jack was never a Dealer in the Yenko Network. Don was feeling philanthropic ,when he included Jack's name.

Don did not have much of an ego and couldn't care less how many cars Yenko Sports Cars, Inc. sold to the public. Don didn't care that someone would steal his idea and use his name in an unauthorized fashion. He would never consider a car that wasn't invoiced to Cannonsberg one of his own.
Jack was a poor desperate car dealer and needed to steal from Don in order to be succesful.

This is why there was never any legal action against Jack or his dealership. The small unimportant Chicago Metro market was alowed to flounder because Don Yenko was a poor Business man.

Jack and Don never spoke when the saw each other at the various race tracks or taverns after the races for victory celebrations ,as they had no other common interests.

Jack made up very colorfull stories about Dona Mae and they are fictitious as the two never met.

<font color="red"> Yeah right, get real guys! </font color> .

I do appreciate all the positive private e-mails which I have received over the past few days in support of the Douglass Yenkos, but,Gentlemen ,Tom has opened up the forum and given everyone a chance to present their opinions and thoughts. We would all best be served if they were presented here in the open.
Everyone should be clear on my thoughts!

Old 10-08-2002, 09:49 PM

Stefano;
I fully understand your position, and your logic behind it. I just respectfully disagree, and I'm 'real' - last time I checked [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)