Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Other Muscle

Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM

Default Re: ROTTING MUSCLECARS

I couldn't jump in earlier but my friend Plowman told me my car was on this site. I'm not thrilled by having my car labeled a "rotting muscle car". It does have some rust, but I have fixed some rust and I drive the car on weekends. The debris is from a heavy storm during the week. I park in the same place and it has kind of piled up in that spot.

I read the post by the guy that said that people are not washing their cars so they can get posted in this thread. ARE YOU GUYS NUTS???? You WANT to have your car labeled Rotting Muscle Car????
Old 08-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

I believe it was originally called "Rotting Musclecars" because that was the title put in when the first posting was made and the car was an actual rotting musclecar.

You can't change the original title after it has been input but you can change the header.

In the time since then, the post has evolved into any and all interesting musclecar finds.

Sorry of the title offends anyone but I rather enjoy seeing what is still out there regardless of condition. I have put some of my old stuff up there too, just for comic relief.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:22 PM

Here's my old 4 spd W31 when it wasn't looking so good, quite a few years ago.

Old 08-09-2008, 06:28 PM

And some of my past project cars, in various stages of progress.
My 67 Malibu, getting a 396.
My 72 Vega panel, getting a 350, turbo 350.
and my really rusty 68 442 in the background.
When I look back now, I realise my wife was very patient with me.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:59 AM

Default Re: ROTTING MUSCLECARS except if it's mine

I am liking the idea of showing you a rusty car I used to drive. Wish I still had it, rust and all !!

I was pondering the idea a while back of starting a thread called "Scene on the Street" for all those rides that do not gather moss. That way we won't offend. No implications of rust, rot, mold or mildew. Just looking at your car cause it's there.

A kindler gentler thread for those easily offended.

107312 views and only two complaints. That is a satisfaction record that the Maytag repairman would like.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:13 AM

i searched long and hard but was able to find a pic of my dads GTO Judge. here it is getting pulled out of a horse pasture in 2004 where it had grazed for 23 years.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i searched long and hard but was able to find a pic of my dads GTO Judge. here it is getting pulled out of a horse pasture in 2004 where it had grazed for 23 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it look like now?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 AM

One of my fellow car club members told me that some of my cars made it onto the rotting Musclecars board. Although the Packard isn't a muscle car, coming in at a mere 225hp when new, it does have a rot hole on the other side. The Mustang that you barely caught in the pic, has rust on both sides, and rot in the floor.

Both of these cars are used everyday. Today I drove the Mustang from where I live to Jersey City and back (about 2 hours each way).

I just wanted to throw a note up telling everyone that these two cars, as well as the 60 Rambler, are works in progress and they each see thousands of dollars thrown into them every year. The Mustang just finished it's first ever engine rebuild, and the Packard got new seats and headliner, as well as brakes all around.

You can also see the ass end of my wife's 90 LTD Country Squire that just finished a repaint, with a nifty 1931 Caddy hood ornament guiding the way. Now that her car is just about done, I can refocus on mine again.

Thanks for the pics posted. I am guessing that "Scene on the Street" would likely be less offensive. Although I can't deny my cars are rotting, because two of them clearly have issues, I am going as fast as my wallet will allow. Unlike so many of the cars shown (like the photo directly below mine), I just can't empty my daughters college fund into my rides.

On the upside, these cars get seen everyday and usually get thumbs up by those not brave enough to keep the older sheet metal alive.

Attached is a shot of my Rustang
Attached Images

Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 AM

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,605 Posts

----Nick,,,Nice of you to stop in! Please, please, dont take offense. There are all levels of cars on this sight and many are drivers. I truly have never met in person any member of this sight that would look down at any car. We all seem to naturally see the best in every car we look at, even if they need a little or a lot...........Bill S