Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Anyone in Woodstock, Il. Area?

Todd, make hard copies of all these posts, all your receipts, records and any notes from your conversations with the body shop. Not saying this is the shop that is being referred to but if I read between the lines I bet the convertible that is on the web page is for sale right now. They are stalling for some reason and I am not sure you are dealing with a real attorney. Take time off from work and make an appointment with the local police department now then show them what you have to see if you can get your car(s) back now to minimize your losses because time is working against you. By chance is the one car in your name insured? If so try getting your insurance company involved.
Mark Sheppard
Old 10-10-2011, 11:14 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 2,396 Times in 758 Posts

Guys, thanks for the compliment (I think [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/hmmm.gif[/img]).

Seriously though, get the number for the local police department that covers that town and call their detective bureau ASAP. Tell them this is not a civil matter: your car has been stolen, which according to the fact pattern you are describing, it has. Tell them where the shop is and give them all the paperwork and info you can.

I will guarantee you that the name of the shop won't be a surprise to the local police there.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 PM

Thanked 5,349 Times in 1,876 Posts

Steve...you rock...Talwell, do this stuff immediately. Let's hope for the best [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/beers.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

If you can co-ordinate with the local police....I can go there with a trailer and get one of the cars.......If you can work it out to get both.......then Jeff has a trailer that can handle up to 20 cars.....LOL

Ken

The Best things in life......Aren't Things
Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,379 Times in 670 Posts

Any updates? Best of luck.
John 10:30
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 PM

I just skimmed this whole thread. As a business owner I have to admit there are good shops and bad shops out there no matter what type of work is involved. I think the board members have gave you some good advice as to how you should handle the situation. It is obvious the shop owner is not willing to work with you, nor is his lawyer. It sounds to me like the best thing to do is get your cars back asap, no matter the condition they are in. I would try to document everything that has taken place. I would contact the authorities in the area of the shop, with your intentions to pick up your cars. I would show up at the shop with documents, local authorities, and a way to transport your vehicles, unannounced. On a side note I lost both my parents within the past year and a half, plus my soul mate had a miscarriage two years ago. Life will always have its ups and downs. I just wanted to say I can somewhat &quot;relate&quot; to the spot your life is in on a personal level. I guess my point is that you should stop waiting on something to change here and handle all this yourself. It seems there are several AWESOME board members here who are willing to help you pick up your cars. To me it sounds like an opportunity to make some new and lifelong friends. This shop you are dealing with will continue to run over you if you continue to let them. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:34 PM

When you contact the police, you may be informed that it is a civil matter. Hopefully you will be able to speak with someone that is willing to help. At the very least, inform them that someone will be going to the shop to pick up your property, with proof of ownership, and ask them to stand by in case there is a problem. I don't recall the status of money owed on your car, but expect that the shop will refuse to release it if they claim that the bill has not been paid.

Good luck, hope it all works out.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:37 PM

Any update??

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 10-21-2011, 07:43 AM

Todd,

I just sent you a PM.

Nick
Old 10-27-2011, 04:05 AM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwhizz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> .......then Jeff has a trailer that can handle up to 20 cars.....LOL

Ken </div></div>
21 to be exact !! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img]