Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Pontiac

Old 09-25-2018, 01:43 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1969 Firebird “UP” coded four-core radiator trade?

I have an original “UP” coded radiator for a 69 Firebird automatic. It’s dated “K” and has the 68-69 tag, original tanks, but missing one side mount. I’m not that familiar with Pontiacs. I have a 69 Camaro BB and would like an original four-core radiator for it. Would the two radiators be somewhat evenly desirable or priced or is one more desirable than the other, assuming that both were in the same condition?
I’d like to offer it up for trade, but would like to ask for opinions first before I would even consider posting. What’s the average worth for this radiator?
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-26-2018, 01:28 AM

My opinion would be that parts of a car are proportionate to the value of the car they belong on: Is a 1969 Ram Air III Firebird that might have had that radiator worth as much as a 1969 Camaro with a 396?

On the other hand, one might say that rarely is a market so volatile as the restored car market so easily predictable to simply say more valuable cars have more valuable parts. I'm sure it mostly comes down to supply and demand--who needs what and when. And more importantly who has it.

Last edited by 9999; 09-26-2018 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Hey Nick,
Thanks for the reply. I understand completely. I just haven't explored the market for Firebird parts. I wasn't sure what was even a reasonable asking price. I've been out of the market for such a long time that I highly underestimate the current market value for pretty much everything out there. I just didn't want that to happen and be taken advantage of nor am I interested in over-inflating the price of a part. That's pretty much why I was hoping to trade. Thanks again for the input. I'll have to take a look around and get some ideas from older ads if I can find some.

Tags
1969 firebird, air-conditioned, h.o., trans-am