Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 01-25-2019, 02:25 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Love my 19 Silverado! Red Hot lifted 6” on 22 inch wheels and 35” tires. I’ll post pics when the weather clears up! 🍻
1969 Z28 X33D80 31k original mile Survivor Dusk POP Bornwith drivetrain.Sold
1969 Camaro LM1 Olympic Gold 78k original miles
1995 Camaro Z28 silver Convertible AT

1969 Camaro COPO 9561 21k original miles original drivetrain M22 Tach and gauge package
Old 01-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Default 2019

My buddy is looking at this
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2019, 04:16 PM

Thats not too bad.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:58 PM

when this thread was first started. I couldnt post pictures now I can so heres my driver.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Donnie For This Useful Post:
454_Malibu (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 11:01 PM

How do you like it? What motor?
Old 05-01-2020, 11:48 AM

Ok I read all the posts and really saw opinions. I have had a couple Chevrolet crew cabs over the years and my best was my 2011. Not one issue! I traded it in with 120K when I bought my 2014 crew cab. The 2014 wasn't a bad truck way more bells and whistles then I needed, but over all it was a good truck. It had its little issue a couple recalls, door lock, bakes, and oh the roof leak that filled my cup holders up with water. A really bad design on the shark fin on the roof. A long story lots of frustration there.

I traded the 2014 in on a 2019 in September and again way more truck than I needed. With 900 miles the check engine light comes on. I was a little pissed. I read the code myself with my scanner. Nice, has to do with the active fuel management with the number 5 cylinder detecting an open circuit? It seems to be running fine. I reset it to see if it was a fluke. Well it wasn't, a week later it came back on. I called the dealer and they have a three week back log as they were addressing the brake recall on the previous model year trucks. Lovely! I finally get in and I get the dreaded call. We can't find anything wrong, we are just going to reset it and if it comes back on we will most likely have to pull the motor. I was like pull the motor really! I was not a happy camper. I called GM customer service and filled a claim Immediately. Needless to say the light came on again about a week later. When I brought it back in I told the service writer you call me before you put each part into that truck. They replaced the engine ECU didn't fix the problem, they replaced the #5 solenoid for the active fuel management even though it tested fine. That required them to pull off the intake off and now when you start the truck the check engine comes on right away with the same code. Hmm one would say did we disturb something? They pulled the intake back off to inspect and found the main wiring harness for the active fuel management system cut and had a couple of smashed wires? I get the call we have found the problem! We will have a wiring harness here in 5 days. A couple days later not 5 I get a call come pick your truck up its all fixed. Come to find out they didn't replace the harness they repaired it. Shame on me for not reading the write up when I picked up the truck. I read it when I got home and yes I did call the dealer and give them a ear full. I was more concerned with how everything was put back together under the hood. Just the aggravation of dealing with these types of problems is what irks me from wanting to buy any new vehicle.

I have a couple of issues I don't like. The windshield wiper/ directional switch lever is to short and you have to reach behind the steering wheel to activate your windshield fluid button. Its so out of place its funny. Oh the recall on the brake pad life indicator. Truck had 1100 miles and the dash said the brake pad life was at 55%. I asked how is GM calculating this? Are the calipers motor driven with feedback now? Nope its just an average over time. I just chuckled and said, GM realizes everyone drives different and stops different tows things of different weights and so on. Then I asked I work on my truck how do I reset the indicator. His reply, oh well you need to bring it back to us for that. Ya OK! Just think of how many consumers are going to be taken for a brake job in the near future.

I just want a truck I can plow with, tow with, that is built to be used as a truck. They all have there issues GM, Form Dodge Toyota. Its really just the luck of the draw.

Do I like the truck. Overall yes. To me its just a truck and trust me I use it as a truck. All manufactures have there own issues. It all comes down to what issues you want to deal with.

Last edited by jasonL78; 05-01-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:29 PM

Your story reminds me of my 15 HD 2500 Denali. Head Gasket ( duramax)went took 3 visits to dealer each time me telling them it is eating coolant to say it’s an HG! Duh! I am very meticulous about my stuff and the idea that a 70k truck needed this done was frightening as I don’t trust folks working on my stuff. The most concerning was they take the entire cab off to fix it! I asked the service manager to replace both sides while it was apart as I don’t want to come back. He said GM won’t pay them to do that but if it went bad they would fix it... well that makes sense Anyway 30 days later I get truck back and sold it. Btw it had 50k on it.
I switched to a different brand and have had ZERO issues!!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
How do you like it? What motor?
its just my daily driver so I got the 5.3

I like it havent had any issues with it.