Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 1,129 Times in 331 Posts
Default Re: E-Bay '69 Yenko Disguised As a Z-28 Clone!

not trying to be smart copo140 - you'd have to read my posts to get the answers to your concerns. You know the answer to the vin stamp on the top of the cowl. Just let me continue my research and get the sworn statements explaining how this car got to its current state. The DMV called yesterday and said they had more transactions for me.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Can you please answer the question about the dash vin being off and re-attached to the car? Has it been? Also, can you please answer the question regarding your statement of "a large percentage of your car being 616414"? I would really like to hear what you have to say. Oh and btw bergy, your attempt to discredit vfitom is nothing short of pathetic. If it were me, I would be very insulted about your statements.
Also to x baldwin motion, what is your point by posting that link? Are you and bergy buddies? The ad looks very helpful to me.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:22 PM

ok, that makes TWO of them now ... where do these people come from and who pissed on their corn flakes?

Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM

WOW man, chill! You are getting way out there now! The only thing "out in the open" is you assuming things! I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention someone could be paying me. I have no personal interest in this car other than the true history of it because I looked at it... It is interesting. And it is a retag any way you look at it. Period. Even if the firewall was replaced. But, I am willing to bet that the firewall was never replaced. AND, FYI, Restoration of a VIN is the use of special acid to bring up stamped confidential VINs that were ground off. That's what is meant by that, and not actual VIN plates. Actually it should read restoration of a confidential VIN, my error in the ad. We did restorations on engine stamps after deckings. It also applies to applying for and obtaining state replacement VINs. Comeon man, stop attacking me and my prior job, and go out and pull the fender & heater box and check for welds and let us all know.....
Old 11-10-2010, 06:43 PM

I think even though Tom has come off as a bit 'mysterious' (please do not take offense Tom but you haev been) in this discussion Tom, from his Hemmings ad, states he is a retired State Trooper with 17 years in the Fraud Investigation Division and probably knows more about researching cars than all of us combined. Due respect to Tom....

No idea why Tom will not contact Bergy and they can discuss this car. Obviously Bergy is a hell of a stand up guy with no ill agenda. No idea why the two can not share info on this car.

Now can we stop being like a bunch of children and act like adults? Bergy is not trying to make this car anything other than what it is or might be. I sure don't think anyone on here is as transparent about what they have in there garage and what it started out as. And he will only state the car being a true sueprcar if he can prove it with documentation.

1974 Jeep CJ5 - 304 V8, Edelbrock Intake, Holley 650, MSD Ignition, Patriot Headers
Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Thanked 6,189 Times in 1,342 Posts

I would appreciate if everyone took it down a notch. This site is not about personal attacks period.

Regarding the car I don't (personally) care about affidavits and he said she said stuff. The only thing that will determine the %orig/pedigree of this car is a physical inspection which bergy states will be done and documented. To me that is where the rubber hits the road. The history is interesting and I do commend you for your owner research info. The fact remains that it only tells you so much, and is subjective.

Lets please move on and keep this discussion civil or take it off line.

Thanks,

Vintage Certification™ , Providing Recognition to Unrestored Muscle Cars. Website:
www.vintagecertification.com
Old 11-10-2010, 07:54 PM

I would like to know about the statement "a huge percentage of my car is 616414".
Old 11-10-2010, 08:04 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paceme</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would appreciate if everyone took it down a notch. This site is not about personal attacks period.

Regarding the car I don't (personally) care about affidavits and he said she said stuff. The only thing that will determine the %orig/pedigree of this car is a physical inspection which bergy states will be done and documented. To me that is where the rubber hits the road. The history is interesting and I do commend you of your owner search info. The fact remains that it only tells you so much, and is subjective.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Lets please move on and keep this discussion civil or take it off line.</span>

Thanks,

</div></div>

agreed, yet we still get responses like the one above

Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

Lets please move on and keep this discussion civil or take it off line.
[/quote]

I hope it stays online. This is quite entertaining.
09 Pontiac G8 GT Premium,Sport,Roof. Liquid Red.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:14 PM

Re post #435631, 2nd paragraph: why I will not talk on the phone is because I do not totally trust Bergy, and also because I was asked by Bergy the following in an email, &quot;Do you recall offering to sell the car to anyone after you looked at it?&quot; Well, I never owned the car to sell it; I never offered it for sale as a whole or in an envelope afterwards; I never even knew about the envelope story until this thread came about. When I asked 6 questions about the envelope sale issue, I never received any answers from Bergy. But yet he wants all info from me..not gonna happen now.......and...I think someone is confusing me with someone else and I know exactly why and can prove it, but it will get other people involved and I do not want to go there. The element of trust is missing here and that is why I am mysterious. I'm sorry now that I even offered info in the first place, since it led to personal attacks on me. I'd like to know about the huge percentage also as requested above...BTW: PennDot records only go back 10 years, and from what I was told the microfische was also scuttled.