Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Default Re: E-Bay '69 Yenko Disguised As a Z-28 Clone!

You seem fascinated with my prior profession. Maybe you should have joined the force in the past...I also worked with the FBI. I hear you did too. Is that true? FYI, I'm not intimidated, just waiting for your complete and truthful answer to the question: to whom was the envelope offered for sale and by whom? PM me the answer if you like. You asked if it were me in the recent past. I told you no. I asked you for the source and what you know, but you will not divulge! Comeon! Be fair. And Talwell, because of Bergy's reluctance to answer my question(s), this is why I am not so forthcoming with info. Hope you understand. To offer a car in an envelope is illegal and I would have wanted no part of it. If anyone thinks it was me, they are mistaken and wrongfully informed, or hiding something. Bergy, are you afraid and intimidated to disclose same? I'm almost 100% sure I know anyway. Bottom line-I do not want to be at odds with anyone over this car, and I will even help Bergy search for this car body in my neck of the woods if they want me too (if one may still exist). Hell, but now I'm hearing that there may be 2 titled cars with 616414; a restored one and Bergy's. What a mess that would be. There is a '69 body in a yard that I know of for years without a VIN tag and the back half partially missing. Think its worth a look? Also, what will the VIN be when you obtain the state issued special VIN plate that mounts on the firewall? Does the title indicate that any duplicates were issued? Is your title a duplicate copy or original? Are all the prior owner title sequence numbers listed, or were owners skipped? Lots of things to look at here in backtracking. Good luck.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:48 PM

Bergy,
Can you please explain this statement? "A large percentage of my car is 616414"? Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Tom you have said the car is a re-tag anyway you look at it. You have said you will help Bergy find the body if it still exists. I assume from this that you have unassailable eyewitness (your own eyes) evidence that this car Bergy has is not the Yenko car. So you either saw the remainder of the Yenko in that junkyard at the same time bergy's car was being "assembled" or you saw the little bit of 587974 that was left after the rest of IT was being assembled under the VIN tag of 616414?

I am not questioning your assertions - you seem as sure as Bergy does in his point of view and that's fair - I am just trying to get it (the motive) straight in my own head as this is getting confusing.

So based on your point of view we have to deduct that someone took the following items and put them on an original spoiler car ( which 587974 was not) which means a THIRD car was involved:

-pass side frame rail extension exh hanger reinforcement
-orig single 3/8" fuel sender
-orig single 3/8" fuel line
-9204 booster dated for 03B car
-PS with fast ratio PS arm
-original PDB car
-orig deep groove PS pully
-orig 13/16 HD sway bar
-HD 5 leaf springs
-HD coil springs
-orig door with RG overspray t
-orig spoiler car (F&R)
-orig dash cluster with 140 speedo and holes for S&W tach

So they either wanted to have these special parts to clone a COPO, which they abandoned in favour of a Z28 clone, yet when the car was advertised as a Z28 clone none of these "added" parts were mentioned as special features as to the trouble the sellers went through to accurately clone a Z - "we have even added such things as original deep groove pulleys, HD springs..etc. in this incredible accurate re-creation".

I have not seen any language like this in theBay auction. So why do it and not call attention to it? OR the easy answer is that none of these parts were on the spoiler car they used so they just put them on not caring about their significance. They were just parts. Ok, I can see that.

But these people who have the trim tag and have the cowl stamping stopped short of the VIN tag saying, "no thanks"? If I had those two pieces and I was of that mindset (cloning) I would definitely pay the 20-23K to get the car that wore the VIN.

Unless the trim tag and the cowl stamping no longer exist and replacements have been mocked up in anticipation of resurrecting 616414 out of thin air. I know some people would not pay the sum of 23K, instead saying "let's just get a re-done VIN tag from the same guy who made the TT for us." Perhaps you know this as well.

I hope you and Bergy can figure this out together Tom. I'm just trying to get my own score card straight. As a former police officer I hope you appreciate my attempt to establish &quot;motive&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif[/img] I just can't follow the logic based on what has been revealed in this thread and think you may have info to fill in the gaps.

Sorry if I have only further confused things.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:05 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 331 Posts

vfitom - no title duplicates, continous ownership since the beginning, title transfers at each change of ownership leading all the way to current, registrations and insurance info., etc. Good luck to whoever may have made up a vin tag and restored a car to go with it! Since there are no duplicates, it would have to be a Broadway title (or other title company) transaction in another state. Heck yes! I want the upper cowl section to the car - find it and let's make a deal.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM

Tracker, I only saw one car one time-in 2000 when we looked at 616414 on the dash and the other VIN on the cowl. No assemblies, no junkyards, etc. as you state. Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 04:18 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 331 Posts

PM sent to vfitom with all that I know about the &quot;car in an envelope&quot; story. Heck, I didn't add it to this thread - just read back and see where it came from!
Old 11-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Let's keep in mind that there are only two items on this car that are COPO specific. The 140 speedo and the 13/16 front bar. Can you please answer my question above Bergy?
Old 11-11-2010, 05:22 PM

this is an amazing thread, it could be a made for TV movie

action

drama

intrigue

but, I still like the &quot;Old street scenes&quot; thread ( https://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...471#Post435471 ) better, but this is now my 2nd favorite thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:40 PM

This is getting confusing indeed!

Per the DMV - $5 or more, personally owned or not, I never got Bergy's level of cooperation. Sounds like the DMV is being very helpful here, glad for Bergy as the owner trail is important.
67 RS Camaro-327/250hp, 2speed Glide, &amp; 3.08 Open (Danny's Ride)
Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Is anyone tired of COPO140? Evidence is obviously circumstancial at this point. Maybe Bergy has more info and if so, I'm sure he will devulge it when he is ready. Maybe he wants to get all the facts in first in case one of the old owners is reading this thread. Wouldn't want to &quot;lead&quot; a witness.

Jason