Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 03-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,668 Times in 993 Posts
Default Re: Bad eBay buyer. BEWARE SELLERS

Sellers on this site agree to abide by the customer satisfaction rule or risk no longer being able to sell here.. You guys are alluding to something but I'm not sure what. If you had a problem with something you bought on this site you need to present facts or there is nothing to be done.

As to starting a good guys- bad guys list if anything gets posted it needs to be backed up with facts, not opinions. This is not Yellow Bullet.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:24 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Rifkin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It amazes me that this scumbag has lasted this long without having his a$$ beat after having screwed over this many people. I hear people throw the phrase; &quot;What comes around goes around&quot; alot but, I have never known it to happen. It seems that these type of dirt bags continue to get away with murder while hard working, honest people get screwed. I hope this jackass gets what's coming to him and then some. </div></div>

It'll happen -- sooner or later ... TAZ [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/mad.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/headbang.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2017, 01:39 PM

Thanked 5,961 Times in 2,907 Posts

I've never personally had an issue with anything I have purchased from yenko.net members. For those of you who have, did you try to resolve it with the seller?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sellers on this site agree to abide by the customer satisfaction rule or risk no longer being able to sell here.. You guys are alluding to something but I'm not sure what. If you had a problem with something you bought on this site you need to present facts or there is nothing to be done.

As to starting a good guys- bad guys list if anything gets posted it needs to be backed up with facts, not opinions. This is not Yellow Bullet. </div></div>
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 PM

I have bought 3 cars, a COPO engine, a BE rear end and many other parts from members here. All sight unseen. The integrity of the members here is beyond compare. It may not be perfect but it's better than anywhere else. Thanks you all for proving that there are still some good people out there.
1965 Pontiac Lemans
Old 03-01-2017, 03:54 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Charley Lillard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sellers on this site agree to abide by the customer satisfaction rule or risk no longer being able to sell here.. You guys are alluding to something but I'm not sure what. If you had a problem with something you bought on this site you need to present facts or there is nothing to be done.

As to starting a good guys- bad guys list if anything gets posted it needs to be backed up with facts, not opinions. This is not Yellow Bullet. </div></div>

I'm in agreement with this. To clarify, the seller posts here but the car in discussion was not advertised here.

Dan
Old 03-01-2017, 05:04 PM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fast67VelleN2O</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eBay sided with the buyer today. This is outrageous.</div></div>

I just happened to read this thread. What reasons did eBay give for siding with the buyer? You have the original pics from the listing plus you can easily show how you got it back in return (and that it wasn't in that condition when you shipped it out in the first place).

My dad recently bought a 66 L79 intake on eBay. Seller said it was in excellent shape. When we received it, it was clear that one end had been welded and sanded down. Also, part of the top surface was sanded. Couldn't miss these defects (in person but hard to see in the photos) and we couldn't use it on the car. Seller first offered a partial refund but we couldn't use the intake (so it made no sense to keep it) so my dad refused the refund and went through ebay. Ebay sided with my dad, that it wasn't as described and sent him a prepaid shipping label. Once the tracking showed that the seller received it, they issued a refund, which took several days to process but it came. I'm guessing they took it out of the seller's paypal account or billed him through ebay.

It does seem like ebay sides with the buyers more than the sellers and there's not much you can do about it at times.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:28 PM

"It does seem like ebay sides with the buyers more than the sellers and there's not much you can do about it at times."

I sell a lot on ebay, 100% feedback. Have had only 3 disputes in well over 10 years and lost on every one of them. Last one E-bay reimbursed the buyer, and I never even received the part back. I think that borders on "illegal", but good luck getting any satisfactioin from them.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:34 PM

Sounds like a class action from "Super Car Registry" members. This loser is like the plague. He's infected a lot of members.

Last edited by j1m68; 03-05-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-05-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosportGreen66 View Post
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CamaroNOS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a crazy idea.....

Why don't we keep a &quot;live&quot; list of all the dirt bags out there. We can call it the &quot;Do Not Buy/Sell&quot; list. It will give all of us here at SYC a head start on someone or company that has had questionable dealings with our members.

By the looks of this long thread, we might have been able to take advantage of a heads up about this ebay wizard.

Paul </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scuncio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great idea. This is one of the few sites I frequent that doesn't have a 'good guys and bad guys' list. </div></div>

And what happens if you got screwed worse than Matt and Jeff from a person who frequents the site? While I think the idea has good intention, the end result is going to be nasty.

Dan

Yes, I got the screws from a POS who posts here
So did I for over $300.00!
Old 03-05-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starship View Post
"It does seem like ebay sides with the buyers more than the sellers and there's not much you can do about it at times."

I sell a lot on ebay, 100% feedback. Have had only 3 disputes in well over 10 years and lost on every one of them. Last one E-bay reimbursed the buyer, and I never even received the part back. I think that borders on "illegal", but good luck getting any satisfactioin from them.
That's why I quit selling anything of significant value (say, more than a hundred bucks) on eBay years ago.

Their philosophy is that the buyer is their real customer. My philosophy is that's a load of horse**** as long as I'm the one paying the fees to keep the place afloat. Anyway, I do as little business with eBay as I can.