Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default z16chevlle.com website

Just wanted to let everyone know that, with the help of Dave Miner's wife, we have Dave's website ( www.z16chevelle.com ) back up and running again. I'll try to get it updated by adding some additional Z16's in the next few weeks. Jeff
66 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Camaro SS350 Survivor
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Re: z16chevlle.com website

That is great news. Thank you so much for your hard work along with Dave's wife getting this important site back up.

FYI - I talked with Mark Young late yesterday regarding the pair of z-16's offered on ebay. Mark wanted to list the cars with as many pictures as possible. When he reached the ebay listing picture limit he then created a page on his web site to direct people to the additional pictures. He then listed his website on the ebay listing for this purpose.

Ebay pulled the listing yesterday in the middle of the auction without notice due to his website being shown on the ebay listing. They said this is unfair competition with ebay. To bad they did not call or email first as Mark would have been happy to remove his website address from the listing. He said he is going to relist the pair later this week.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 AM

Thanked 3,872 Times in 1,002 Posts

Great job Jeff. We were wondering if it would just be let go or maintained and glad to see it will be maintained. Dave would be very pleased.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62r-6vgk2_8
specializing in (only real) LS6 Chevelle restorations
Old 12-03-2008, 03:38 AM

Thanked 1,042 Times in 331 Posts

That's great Jeff! Tell Mrs. Miner we appreciate her (and your) efforts at keeping this excellent site up and running.

BA
www.mcacn.com
Old 12-03-2008, 06:05 AM

Thanked 5,357 Times in 1,880 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
That's great Jeff! Tell Mrs. Miner we appreciate her (and your) efforts at keeping this excellent site up and running.

BA

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen! We miss you Dave!
Old 12-03-2008, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is great news. Thank you so much for your hard work along with Dave's wife getting this important site back up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. Certainly would be a shame to lose the data to history. Anyone know if the site will be updated as new information comes to light?

[ QUOTE ]
FYI - I talked with Mark Young late yesterday regarding the pair of z-16's offered on ebay. Mark wanted to list the cars with as many pictures as possible. When he reached the ebay listing picture limit he then created a page on his web site to direct people to the additional pictures. He then listed his website on the ebay listing for this purpose.

Ebay pulled the listing yesterday in the middle of the auction without notice due to his website being shown on the ebay listing. They said this is unfair competition with ebay. To bad they did not call or email first as Mark would have been happy to remove his website address from the listing. He said he is going to relist the pair later this week.

[/ QUOTE ]I'd almost bet some car dealer complained. I list my 66 & 67 Reference CDs on eBay frequently and have a link not only to the site I sell them at but a link to a 'test drive' area on my site and never had a problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM

I noticed a couple of things after reviewing the site. On the prototype page, http://www.z16chevelle.com/First%20Z...0Prototype.htm, it says "Documented and accepted as the first Z16 built. Only 200 Z16’s followed."

Then on the documentation page, http://www.z16chevelle.com/No.%201%2...umentation.htm, it shows two prototypes built at Balimore. That would leave 199 from KC in normal production, correct?
Old 12-03-2008, 07:27 PM

Thanked 1,022 Times in 414 Posts

Wouldn't it still be 201 total production line cars and two prototypes are not figured into the total (thus, 203 total)? Vince Piggins had a list of the first 20 Z16s which Doug Marion printed in Chevy Rumble and what Vince showed as car #1 went to a dealership (I forget which one) not to Chevrolet Engineering.

-Jon
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed a couple of things after reviewing the site. On the prototype page, http://www.z16chevelle.com/First%20Z...0Prototype.htm, it says "Documented and accepted as the first Z16 built. Only 200 Z16’s followed."

Then on the documentation page, http://www.z16chevelle.com/No.%201%2...umentation.htm, it shows two prototypes built at Balimore. That would leave 199 from KC in normal production, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always believed that to be correct. 2 from BAL - 199 KC.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there is a clear answer to this question. Since both prototypes would have been destroyed if normal protocol had been adhered to, my personal opinion (with no proof) is that neither prototype was counted. Also, the surviving prototype was still owned by the tech center until Mr. Hunke bought it in (I think) 1966, so when the brass said to build and sell 200, I doubt they would have counted the prototypes.

Then the 'vert was a separately commissioned one-off, definitely outside the 200.

So I personally believe there were 203, being the 2 Balt. prototypes (one of those having been destroyed without ever being sold), 200 KC coupes, and 1 KC vert.

Jeff
66 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Chevelle L78 unrestored
67 Camaro SS350 Survivor