Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Classified Section > Ebay & other seen ads section

Please note

Old 10-02-2021, 01:18 AM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default 1995 Chevy K1500 short bed with 19K miles

I don't know if anyone on here is a fan of mid-90's Chevy trucks but I am selling a really nice one on Bring a Trailer. I bought it in 2016 to be a driver and re-live my 20's as I had bought one new. When it came in on the transport I realized it was way too nice for that! There is nothing wrong with it and it appears to be all original paint. It also looks to have every one of the most popular 90's accessories . It was undercoated when new which make sense because it was sold new in PA. I have put about 400 miles on it since I bought it.
\
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-chevrolet-k1500/
The Following User Says Thank You to jlbucky For This Useful Post:
Crush (10-02-2021)
Attachments - The Supercar Registry IMG_2720a1.jpg IMG_2706a.JPG IMG_20210216_161437521.jpg Bild021.jpg
O Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 10-02-2021, 01:51 AM

Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,169 Posts

I remember when these first came out. I thought they knocked it out of the park. And I still think so. Looks better than the predecessor or the successor trucks.

I loved 67-72 trucks, and always thought the square body from 73 - 87 was a huge step backwards, looking too bloated and clumsy (like most EVERYTHING else at the time). I admit to buying a square body Suburban in 1985, but I needed the room, and mechanically, that vehicle was perfect. Just bloated. Go figure; the good looking sleek truck style lasted 5 years, the bloated one 14 years!!!

Sleek, and a return to the clean look of a 67, but more modern. Good luck. Nice looking truck.
jlbucky (10-02-2021)
Old 10-02-2021, 03:09 AM

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts

WOW, that is a super clean truck. That should be an easy sell.

I owned a '95 extended cab from '98-2005. Nice truck except for the gutless TBI 5.7 and the rear only anti-lock brakes that were dangerously inadequate, especially when pulling a trailer.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
Old 10-02-2021, 06:29 PM

Very nice! GLWS!!
Old 10-02-2021, 09:15 PM

Thanked 2,515 Times in 1,147 Posts

Bidding..
Old 10-02-2021, 09:50 PM

My freind of 50 + years is high bidder at the moment. Funny how things work out. He bought pretty much the exact same truck with like mileage about two months ago at another auction, but it was solid red. While it was in transit to him he was like a little kid on Christmas, he was going to have white billboards put on it to make it perfect for him. The transport driver called him and said he was an hour away, then he got another call from the driver saying he had some " bad news" the car hauler had rolled and his truck was toast, one mile from his house.
https://imgur.com/XWBjwfp
https://imgur.com/y6Ziu59

After a knock down drag out with the selling dealer and the shipping company, they finally gave him a full refund after a month. When this popped up a week ago i saw this and sent it to him with the caption " see how heaven plans?'' (stolen from Gene Hackman in Young Frankenstein) Anyway he's in TX so no big deal with the cats being gone, i told him it might help his cause as that will limit the audience in the restrictive emissions states. Hope he gets it!

Last edited by Late BrakeU2; 10-03-2021 at 02:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2021, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late BrakeU2 View Post
My freind of 50 + years is high bidder at the moment. Funny how things work out. He bought pretty much the exact same truck with like mileage about two months ago at another auction, but it was solid red. While it was it was in transit to him he was like a little kid on Christmas, he was going to have white billboards put on it to make it perfect for him. The transport driver called him and said he was an hour away, then he got another call from the driver saying he had some " bad news" the car hauler had rolled and his truck was toast, one mile from his house.
https://imgur.com/XWBjwfp
https://imgur.com/y6Ziu59

After a knock down drag out with the selling dealer and the shipping company, they finally gave him a full refund after a month. When this popped up a week ago i saw this and sent it to him with the caption " see how heaven plans?'' (stolen from Gene Hackman in Young Frankenstein) Anyway he's in TX so no big deal with the cats being gone, i told him it might help his cause as that will limit the audience in the restrictive emissions states. Hope he gets it!
Wow what a story. I have had a number of cars shipped and some of these drivers show up like that haven’t slept in days. Did they give the reason for the accident?
Old 10-03-2021, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush View Post
Wow what a story. I have had a number of cars shipped and some of these drivers show up like that haven’t slept in days. Did they give the reason for the accident?
The story was the kingpin broke, but my buddy said the trailer was nearly new and he owns a trucking Co.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:12 PM

Thanks for the replies. I hate to hear about your friends truck but maybe this will be the perfect replacement. I would actually like to have his truck and repair it for a driver. My red & white one was too nice for me to enjoy. I was never worried about putting miles on it as much as I was of someone running into it. Please let me know if anyone has any questions about it.
Old 10-04-2021, 12:30 AM

Thanked 2,952 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late BrakeU2 View Post
The story was the kingpin broke, but my buddy said the trailer was nearly new and he owns a trucking Co.

Probably not the pin itself, but a faulty weld to the deck could have cracked and broken.
1967 Camaro ss/rs
1938 Business coupe, street rod
2000 FXSTS, original owner, 13k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to Too Many Projects For This Useful Post:
BARRY (10-04-2021)