Go Back   The Supercar Registry > General Discussion > Supercar/Musclecar Discussion

Old 09-16-2005, 10:03 PM

Default 69 Camaro convertible EX drag car

Hey, guys I wanted to get a little input on a 69 Camaro convertible that I have seen for sale. It's an ex drag car which has been back halfed and tubbed. I don't believe that it was anything special and I just wanted to see what you all thought that it would take to restore it to original condition? Would this take a lot of cash? I'd like to make a nice cruiser out of it but yet have a fairly large horse big block in it. I wouldn't be restoring it to 100% original just the original back half with the wheel tubes back to normal and the fuel tank back under the car. Is this a crazy task to take on and would it be better to spend more money and buy a fairly clean stock convertible? I'm just trying to find the most reasonable way to afford to build a 69 convertible. Thanks in advance for all of your opinions. I also wanted to mention that it was great to meet a lot of you at SCR8. I had a blast hanging out with you all and hearing the stories about your cars. I met a lot of great people. If you didn't get to attend this year you got to make plans for it for next year. I know that I'm looking forward to SCR9.

Jesse
Click here to view all the pictures posted in this thread...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Default Re: 69 Camaro convertible EX drag car

No question, buy a nice clean car already done.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Thanked 3,783 Times in 1,603 Posts

-------Perfect car for one of those complete bodies, dont you think???.............Bill S
Old 09-16-2005, 11:43 PM

Good call on that one. Good thing that it's Friday. That was a fairly large brain fart!! I'm sure that a guy would save a lot of cash going that route. I still can't beleive that one slide by me. I was even looking at those bodies in a magazine last night. Thanks again guys.

Jesse