Go Back   The Supercar Registry > Dealer Specific Discussion > COPO - Canada

Old 01-06-2022, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midyr View Post
If the Hugger Orange Vette was a conv it was a 67 435 originally black and delivered to Belmont (then possible dealer trade to Golden Mile). I understand it was on a used car lot near Jane and 401 a while after a short, rough early life
Midyr the car I am asking about is the 1971 Motion Corvette Orange convertible on the cover of the Chevy Action magazine in above post.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:18 PM
Yenko Contributing Member

Quote:
If the Hugger Orange Vette was a conv it was a 67 435 originally black and delivered to Belmont (then possible dealer trade to Golden Mile). I understand it was on a used car lot near Jane and 401 a while after a short, rough early life
I was also told it was modified with fender flares and other tack ons and so quite possibly could be mistaken for a Baldwin Motion. I only knew of one real B-M Vette and that is the one pictured above and another pic here. Lance also had a chocolat brown one with "ZL1" on the hood that he drove for about a week when a Montreal customer left it with him for work and that has been widely assumed since to be a B-M. but it was a clone.
Attached Images

Last edited by midyr; 01-07-2022 at 12:19 PM. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to midyr For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-08-2022)
Old 01-07-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I was also told it was modified with fender flares and other tack ons and so quite possibly could be mistaken for a Baldwin Motion. I only knew of one real B-M Vette and that is the one pictured above and another pic here. Lance also had a chocolat brown one with "ZL1" on the hood that he drove for about a week when a Montreal customer left it with him for work and that has been widely assumed since to be a B-M. but it was a clone.
Oh, and further, I spoke at length with Ronnie Locke, long time high perf salesman at Bob McDonald Chev in Halifax and they never got a B-M Vette. They did however get a BB Camaro from Nickey that Ronnie raced.
The Following User Says Thank You to midyr For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Midyr thanks for your reply. Bassed on the article in the magazine it appears there was another Motion modified Vette in the Toronto area in the 70’s.
What do you know about the one in the pic you posted? Looks like a sweet ride! What colour ws it? Do you know if it still exists?
Old 01-09-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchevs View Post
Midyr thanks for your reply. Bassed on the article in the magazine it appears there was another Motion modified Vette in the Toronto area in the 70’s.
What do you know about the one in the pic you posted? Looks like a sweet ride! What colour ws it? Do you know if it still exists?
It was brand new in these pics. A customer bought it off of the floor at Baldwin after calling me and I advised him not to. Had it trailered from Long Island to my shop and we immediately took the motor out. Have pics of the motor somewhere. Pearl yellow. Over-the-counter L88 w/Turbo 400 & Hone overdrive. Was told yrs ago it is owned somewhere in the US

Last edited by midyr; 01-09-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: added detail
Old 01-09-2022, 02:09 PM

Quote:
It was brand new in these pics. A customer bought it off of the floor at Baldwin after calling me and I advised him not to. Had it trailered from Long Island to my shop and we immediately took the motor out. Have pics of the motor somewhere. Pearl yellow. Over-the-counter L88 w/Turbo 400 & Hone overdrive. Was told yrs ago it is owned somewhere in the US
I saw that car on the Motion showroom floor as an 8 year old. My parents visited the shop to inquire about ordering a Phase III Camaro but, I was struck by the stunning Phase III GT Corvette. It was sitting next to a candy apple red VW Beetle that was all souped up.
In another section of their showroom were some VW based dune buggies.

I always wondered what happened to that Corvette.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Rifkin For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-27-2023)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Wow cool story!
Couple questions.
Why did you advise him NOT to buy it?
Why did you immediately pull the motor?
Are you still in the Toronto area?
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvchevs For This Useful Post:
Ryan1969Chevelle (01-09-2022)
Old 01-09-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Wow cool story!
Couple questions.
Why did you advise him NOT to buy it?
Why did you immediately pull the motor?
Are you still in the Toronto area?
I also wanted to know the answers to the first two questions.

Ryan W31

1969 Beaumont 350 Auto White Sold
1969 Beaumont 307 Auto Green Sold
1969 Chevelle SS 396-L35 Auto Blue Sold
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass 'S' Sports Coupe W31
Old 01-09-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rifkin View Post
I saw that car on the Motion showroom floor as an 8 year old. My parents visited the shop to inquire about ordering a Phase III Camaro but, I was struck by the stunning Phase III GT Corvette. It was sitting next to a candy apple red VW Beetle that was all souped up.
In another section of their showroom were some VW based dune buggies.

I always wondered what happened to that Corvette.
Dave Rifkin, thanks for your response.
So cool you saw that car when new!
It amazes me the stories that come from the people on this site!
What did your parents end up buying, a station wagon with imitation wood paneling on the side?
Old 01-10-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Dave Rifkin, thanks for your response.
So cool you saw that car when new!
It amazes me the stories that come from the people on this site!
What did your parents end up buying, a station wagon with imitation wood paneling on the side?
We might have visited there before they bought the left over grabber blue 1969 Shelby GT500. They only kept that car for something like 6-8 months. They complained that it rode too rough. The wound up trading it in on a 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 convertible. I was heart broken when we pulled away in that stupid convertible and watched the Shelby disappear from view.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Rifkin For This Useful Post:
PeteLeathersac (03-25-2022)